Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the rear brake recall today. Do I take it in and have them do it? I do not know if it is worth my time. Last time I tried on the latches for my saddlebags I got the run around, basically the dealer told me to kiss off. I thought the same about them but worse. So take it in to one of the few dealers still open? I was thinking I ought to do it just to make Victory(Polaris) have to spend the money for the repair. Just think if every body takes their Victorys how much Polaris will have to spend to fix them. So if the shop rate is $120 Polaris probably pays the dealer maybe $50 to $60 per claim. If 10,000+ claims are turned in the dealers may get their money in a year or two from Victory-Polaris. My rear brake hose/line looked fine last time I looked it's sort of the screw with corporate idea since they fucked over so many people.--------
:eek

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Got the rear brake recall today. Do I take it in and have them do it? I do not know if it is worth my time. Last time I tried on the latches for my saddlebags I got the run around, basically the dealer told me to kiss off. I thought the same about them but worse. So take it in to one of the few dealers still open? I was thinking I ought to do it just to make Victory(Polaris) have to spend the money for the repair. Just think if every body takes their Victorys how much Polaris will have to spend to fix them. So if the shop rate is $120 Polaris probably pays the dealer maybe $50 to $60 per claim. If 10,000+ claims are turned in the dealers may get their money in a year or two from Victory-Polaris. My rear brake hose/line looked fine last time I looked it's sort of the screw with corporate idea since they fucked over so many people.--------
Call Polaris customer service and ask them to find you a dealer in your area that will provide the service.
Let them figure it out.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Got my letter yesterday also I'm gonna let my dealer do it

·
Registered
350 Posts
Reactions: kodiakwood2

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I don't trust these mechanics as far as I can throw them and that goes with any type of mechanic these days. I took my bike in for the saddlebag fix and the first dealer made it worse than it was before so I took it to another and he did a some what better job so the third go around I adjusted every thing myself with the new hardware and got it done right. I don't think they can screw this recall up too much but who knows.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I don't trust these mechanics as far as I can throw them and that goes with any type of mechanic these days. I took my bike in for the saddlebag fix and the first dealer made it worse than it was before so I took it to another and he did a some what better job so the third go around I adjusted every thing myself with the new hardware and got it done right. I don't think they can screw this recall up too much but who knows.
Even if they do screw it up, its just the brakes so it will still get going.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The one in Knoxville ain't to bad

·
Registered
802 Posts
the one in northern KY is very good...

·
13,263 Posts
Would be nice to see a before photo and after

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got letter yesterday and called local dealer this morning. They told me they could do right away and was 50 here today so was a good reason for a ride. Was in and out in 20 minutes and an extra 100 miles on way home. Told the wife I needed to test it out.

·
13,263 Posts
This recall fix should be free. You should get a hold of your dealer and find out if he can do it in the spring

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have this week off so I had it done yesterday. Took less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I called RideNow Goodyear and spoke with Tyler. He will order the parts and call when they come in. If you’re interested, the number is 623-214-6400.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm at the dealer now having mine done

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
May call Goodyear.

If it is just a wire tie, I may just say forget it. If more than that I may take it in. Maybe BenD can post up a before and after picture of the repair.
:wink

Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts