Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to look for damage on fuel line on chiefs. I would like to look, to save me the time going to the dealer. I know the recall is free, but time is not. I can look if anyone has information where, then go to the dealer if necessary. A pic would be nice. Not all chiefs have needed anything to be done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
recall

Thanks, that is the same as what indian sent me. It doesn't really tell exactly where the hose can touch. Maybe they are afraid of the lawyers, and don't want anyone to check for the chafing themselves. O well, more time that doesn't come back. If you are over 50 you understand, if u are under 40 you don't value you time yet, but will understand in a few years.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No, I don't understand, I am much older than fifty. A safe bike is not as important as your well being? Slow down and find the time to have your Indian repaired.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yup my experience in the automotive field is they dont want "unqualified" folks making the call. So they write it up pretty general terms. On my XCT the fuel rail is only about 6-8 inch long so looking to make sure you dont have a problem is pretty quick and painless. If you think its good, then its your call. I am over 50, still working and my time is valuable to me, maybe not so much to my employer. (at least they dont pay me that way) But IF its bad or one of those that the line splits internally then works its way to outer surface thats not good. Depends on how much time you can afford to spend recuperating if it all goes bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts