Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to get in warm up mode and get ready for Arizona Bike Week in March. Have seen mention on fuel pump recalls, have not received letter, but want be 100% my bike not on list. Has anyone found the "list" or a way to find out have called Victory numerous times and been on hold waiting to even speak to human let alone get info. Thanks for any advice available.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Starting to get in warm up mode and get ready for Arizona Bike Week in March. Have seen mention on fuel pump recalls, have not received letter, but want be 100% my bike not on list. Has anyone found the "list" or a way to find out have called Victory numerous times and been on hold waiting to even speak to human let alone get info. Thanks for any advice available.
Call the dealer you bought the bike from and let him look it up.
We called the dealer that we bought the bikes from and they called us back in about 10 minutes and told us we were good to go.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can call the dealer or just go on the Victory website. Scroll down to the bottom of the page under shopping tools there is vehicle info. section. Type in your VIN and all the info will pop up if your bike has been recalled. Lucky for me I am good to go. Don't have a recall.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I checked the site and it would not accept my VIN. So I called the dealer. He called me back in about 10 minutes too and told me not to worry. I was not affected by the recall although my bike was in the list originally published.
Different fit and finish in the production line for the fuel pumps.
Makes me happy. Now if only all this snow would go away and the temps would be up where I like them....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks! The site worked just fine for me, and says I'm all good.

That's exactly what the dealership told me, but always "Trust, but verify" :cool:

Dan

·
Registered
59 Posts
So, why are you not out riding. Do it for those of us stuck in the snow...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should have went dealer route first............ not on the list! WooHoo! Now back to focus on Arizona Bike Week. Thanks guys!

·
13,177 Posts
if you don't trust your dealer go see him. Ask him to call Vic whiles your there. If you still don't trust him have him give you answer in writing and have him sign it and date it.
Victory consumer service at 1-877-737-7172. Have your vin number in hand when you call

·
Registered
227 Posts
So, why are you not out riding. Do it for those of us stuck in the snow...
Rode to work. Gotta work to keep buying mods. Gonna take long way home this afternoon It's gonna be a warm one!

:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I checked my VIN on Victory's website a couple of days ago and wouldn't you know it. My bike is on the list. :mad:

I bought the thing in November and have hardly ridden it because of the Michigan weather.

I called the dealer nearest to me and let them know that my bike has the recall. They told me that they have 4 fuel pumps ordered and that I'm number 2 on the list. It looks like late February until I get in.

Hopefully there will be a break in the snow and ice so I can ride it up there when the pump arrives.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yup! ... Checked the site and... It's all good! thumb up

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just checked mine it came up with a code and says to check safety bulletin?? What's that mean? Also says my warranty only lasts one year? That right?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just checked mine it came up with a code and says to check safety bulletin?? What's that mean? Also says my warranty only lasts one year? That right?
Warranty is 1 year unless you bought or received an extended warranty as part of your purchase deal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Could of sworn I got the extended power train warranty, was part of the special I got!'
If you still have your paper work it should be on there. I actually had a separate piece of paper for the extended warranty (part of the deal when I bought my bike).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts