Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple of months I have been following the discussion on people trying to get fuel filters.
I have a 2014 Cross Country Tour and I thought it would be a good experiment to see how long it would take to get one.
I heard drive belts usually take about a week but fuel filters have been on back order for about a year.
On May 18, 2017 I went to the Victory dealer in the Ottawa Ontario Canada area and placed an order for a drive belt and a fuel filter.
I didn't need any of these things yet, this was just an experiment.
As expected, on May 25, 2017 (one week later) my drive belt arrived.
If anyone is interested, the price was $389.99 + $50.70 tax = $440.69 in Canadian funds.

I really wasn't expecting my fuel filter for at least a year, however, to my surprise today (July 10, 2017 - 7 weeks & 4 days later) I got a call that it was in.
I figured before I rejoice that I should make sure it is the proper one for my bike... and indeed it is. It even came with the little push nut to install it.
If anyone is interested, the price was $119.99 + $15.60 tax = $135.59 in Canadian funds.

I don't know why mine came in relatively quickly to what I was thinking that it may never arrive. But it will go in the parts bin until needed.
Just thought I would let everyone know that they are out there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
The CCT fuel filter I ordered many months ago showed up at my door today as well. Like yours, the filter media now has an orange hue to it instead of the previous one being all white. Mine will also go in my CCT Parts Bin until needed. I had the original fuel filter replaced at 30K miles. At 50K, I have a while longer until this one is needed.

The fuel filter replacement sounds like a great opportuntity for another one of your outstanding videos Paul. That and a drive belt replacement / adjustment.

Just sayin.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
For the past couple of months I have been following the discussion on people trying to get fuel filters.
I have a 2014 Cross Country Tour and I thought it would be a good experiment to see how long it would take to get one.
I heard drive belts usually take about a week but fuel filters have been on back order for about a year.
On May 18, 2017 I went to the Victory dealer in the Ottawa Ontario Canada area and placed an order for a drive belt and a fuel filter.
I didn't need any of these things yet, this was just an experiment.
As expected, on May 25, 2017 (one week later) my drive belt arrived.
If anyone is interested, the price was $389.99 + $50.70 tax = $440.69 in Canadian funds.

I really wasn't expecting my fuel filter for at least a year, however, to my surprise today (July 10, 2017 - 7 weeks & 4 days later) I got a call that it was in.
I figured before I rejoice that I should make sure it is the proper one for my bike... and indeed it is. It even came with the little push nut to install it.
If anyone is interested, the price was $119.99 + $15.60 tax = $135.59 in Canadian funds.

I don't know why mine came in relatively quickly to what I was thinking that it may never arrive. But it will go in the parts bin until needed.
Just thought I would let everyone know that they are out there.

Hey Paul.. good for you! i to am trying to stock pile critical parts to keep the Vic running for years to come! I dont have a fuel filter yet.. but now there seems to be hope. :)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
The CCT fuel filter I ordered many months ago showed up at my door today as well. Like yours, the filter media now has an orange hue to it instead of the previous one being all white. Mine will also go in my CCT Parts Bin until needed. I had the original fuel filter replaced at 30K miles. At 50K, I have a while longer until this one is needed.

The fuel filter replacement sounds like a great opportuntity for another one of your outstanding videos Paul. That and a drive belt replacement / adjustment.

Just sayin.
Yea Paul.. do a video ! :)

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Here's the one that I used as a guide....

·
Registered
257 Posts

Just sayin.
Agree, I'll be looling for the video!

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts