Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just gotten a 2004 Vegas Arlen Ness with 20,000 miles. I am new to fuel injection and would like to go over everything on the bike and fix or replace what needs attention. I changed the oil, put new plugs in and reset the throttle points. I would like to go over anything that may have been neglected or would affect the way it runs as it has an occasional pop from the exhaust while cruising around at a steady rpm. I was hoping to compile a list of common things that may need attention on these bikes.

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
A hot spot on the pre-08 steel frame Vic's is the rubber throttle body adapter and some end plugs that tend to develop cracks and leaks over time. If you have already ordered these parts ($50-$60) then you might want to. Also on the these pre-closed loop Vic's the throttle body needs a quick cleaning every 5-6k miles but you can stretch that out a bit by increasing the idle using the Phillips head screw under the left back side of the tank. Use a flashlight to locate it. When you take the tank off to clean and check the TB adapter you will see it easily.

In my signature there's a link to service, parts, and owners manuals. You might want to go ahead and download any that applies.

Oh; and Welcome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I will order these parts to have if and when mine decide to leak. I will definitely pull the TB and clean it as well. I downloaded the service manual right when I got the bike and after looking in your signature there is another service manual as well that has shown me I adjusted the drive belt tension improperly. the first manual said 9mm at 10lb force. the 2nd manual in your signature said 9mm on a new belt and sprocket and 11mm after that which the first failed to mention. many thanks for the service manual!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts