Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recovered a stolen Gunner tonight during my shift as a police officer. It was stolen from another city, so I don't know any of the back story of how it got stolen. Poor bike is gonna need some work(mostly paint), but it is salvageable.

The way things work for cops it isn't really appropriate for me to contact the owner, but I hope the whole situation works out for him with insurance and all. I can't lie, it feels kinda cool to think I possibly helped out a fellow Victory owner and it might even be someone on this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
We seem to have a issue around here in Toledo with one single group of people that go around and steal bikes and then use social media to show off on them. Cant tell you how many Instagram accounts that show these people on stolen bikes with the owners name and numbers still on [email protected][email protected]##[email protected][email protected]@ Seems to be dirt bikes and Atvs that end us getting stolen. We have a girl that works here in shipping that had a bike stolen from her house and then found out by chance that her bike was being flaunted on this guys account......talk about waiting to reach though the phone and wanting to choke someone.......I will gladly call all these lowlifes out if anybody wants the info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya know, I just realized that my post sounds like I'm fishing for an attaboy. Not really, but thanks for that. lol

I was kinda hoping the owner would see it and reach out. Like I said, it is really not appropriate that I contact him. This is the Kansas City area, by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
If the vehicle is drivable we contact the person to see if they want to come get it. Even if it is not drivable we can reach out to make them aware of or ask details if they are unknown.

Who does this for yall?

Reactions: SkInM4N

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do it when the original stolen report was taken by our agency. If taken by another agency, as in this case, they handle all that. Concerns for unknowingly interfering with an investigation and all (think insurance fraud and such).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Good!

Great job SinnerOrSaint. I still like the old hang-em law for horse thieves. These people are steel horse thieves. My dad was a cop from KCMO. His dad was a KCMO cop also. Thanks for doing your job. You guys usually mostly hear the negative side of things so it is good to hear about the good once in awhile, so again thanks. I personally have had a few vehicles stolen over the years, it sucks every time. Also it does not matter if it is an old bike or new some ignorant lowlife may try to steel it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I honestly do not know what I would do if I had something stolen and then saw on social media that someone else was out running around on it........bean bag rounds are the first two in the tube in my shotgun in my truck.
I know what I would do................ Whoop out my hunting license!!

Reactions: SkInM4N

·
Registered
483 Posts
I honestly do not know what I would do if I had something stolen and then saw on social media that someone else was out running around on it........bean bag rounds are the first two in the tube in my shotgun in my truck.
I understand your thought process here but in my opinion you would be better off with all lethal rounds in your shotgun. Bean bags are not always effective and though you shot a person with two they may not go down and still come at you. This does not necessarily mean you now have the right to use lethal force but that is all you have left.

There is a reason we (police) always have lethal coverage next to the less lethal operator. We also never put lethal rounds in a regular shotgun or real shells in a less lethal.

If you're within your rights to use a gun it should be ready for action. Bean bags have a purpose but I personally would never care to have them off duty. Much like the taser they are great when they work but they don't work more often than they do. It is fairly common for a person to take several bean bags before going down. Only having two you run a good chance of coming up short taking the person down.

Just offering an opinion but remember I'm a good ol southern boy cop that believes if a person has earned a lead souvenir they should get just that.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I recovered a stolen Gunner tonight during my shift as a police officer. It was stolen from another city, so I don't know any of the back story of how it got stolen. Poor bike is gonna need some work(mostly paint), but it is salvageable.

The way things work for cops it isn't really appropriate for me to contact the owner, but I hope the whole situation works out for him with insurance and all. I can't lie, it feels kinda cool to think I possibly helped out a fellow Victory owner and it might even be someone on this forum.
Nice work!

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I understand your thought process here but in my opinion you would be better off with all lethal rounds in your shotgun. Bean bags are not always effective and though you shot a person with two they may not go down and still come at you. This does not necessarily mean you now have the right to use lethal force but that is all you have left.

There is a reason we (police) always have lethal coverage next to the less lethal operator. We also never put lethal rounds in a regular shotgun or real shells in a less lethal.

If you're within your rights to use a gun it should be ready for action. Bean bags have a purpose but I personally would never care to have them off duty. Much like the taser they are great when they work but they don't work more often than they do. It is fairly common for a person to take several bean bags before going down. Only having two you run a good chance of coming up short taking the person down.

Just offering an opinion but remember I'm a good ol southern boy cop that believes if a person has earned a lead souvenir they should get just that.
If I'm out and about and just happen to stumble upon my stolen property being rode around by some little hood rat, which in our area has happened and happens a lot it seems, I'm not gonna take the persons life unless they threaten mine.

The problem is that I have a actual job and every time one of these videos or pictures goes up its always during the day when I'm at work. We know the area they must live in or operate out of but gotta pay the bills and cant babysit a thief and hope he messes up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If I'm out and about and just happen to stumble upon my stolen property being rode around by some little hood rat, which in our area has happened and happens a lot it seems, I'm not gonna take the persons life unless they threaten mine.

The problem is that I have a actual job and every time one of these videos or pictures goes up its always during the day when I'm at work. We know the area they must live in or operate out of but gotta pay the bills and cant babysit a thief and hope he messes up.
If you pull out your shotgun and they pull out a pistol you now have two less lethal rounds you have to fire through before the real work can begin. Those two rounds may be all the time the turd needs to end you. I'd rather you end him and stick around.

Nobody is going to know you have bean bags so they are just going to see a guy with a shotgun.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
If you pull out your shotgun and they pull out a pistol you now have two less lethal rounds you have to fire through before the real work can begin. Those two rounds may be all the time the turd needs to end you. I'd rather you end him and stick around.

Nobody is going to know you have bean bags so they are just going to see a guy with a shotgun.
Unless homeboy hoodlum has had some training or actually knows how to use a firearm, turning the gun sideways never works, plus the guy in question has his 'arsenal' up on his instagram account, its a SKS, HI-point pistol and what looked like a Bersa 380., that was as of Last Friday night under the heading 'Only trust my stele' YES that is how he spelled it.

Worked part time for bail bonds and have had my fair share of rushes with weirdos and crackheads, being able to function under stress and adrenaline was part of my training as well to work with them, had two bail jumpers that got holed up in a crappy motel once and we ended up using the room next to them to take them into custody, knock knock.....knob turned and four of us rushed the room before the other guy could even get out of the bathroom in time.

I guess I can swap out my shotgun for one of my AR's for a while, the shotgun was only there to make sure that if something happens and I needed to get home without a car or truck, and the most common form of ammunition you are going to find is 12 gauge if I needed to go about trying to find ammo, but with my 590 and the way it is set up, it has 42 rounds ready to go on it with one in the chamber and tube full plus my speedfed stock, sidesaddle and the sling/bandoleer, she has 42 shells total on board ready to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts