Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
So, last Saturday I told my wife I was going to go look at motorcycles at the Victory Dealer. I had ridden the Cross country on a demo ride and loved it. She told me not to buy anything... LOL.

The dealer had just traded a for a 2010 Vision and was asking $13,000 for it. I told him if it was still there on Monday to give me a call and I'd probably buy it. Well, Monday morning, he called me at 1100. I immediately told my boss I was leaving early to go buy a motorcycle. By 3pm I was riding the bike home. I only took it on a 30 minute test ride, but was immediately impressed with how forgiving an 849 lb bike could be... I was doing figure eights in parking lots, just marvelling at the maneuverability of this machine.

Now, I've been riding a Honda VTX1300S for the last 7 years and I really do love the bike. It has been nothing but fantastic for me. Never once let me down, and it sounds great (Cobra Slip-ons). I even took the VTX to the Tail of the Dragon a month ago. However, I've been chomping at the bit for a new bike and this one seemed to just fall into my lap at the perfect time. I've got nothing negative to say about the Honda, but this bike is incredible thus far.

I'll try to post the picture I have of it. I think I'll have to go through photobucket since I am a new user.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
you have a Vision? cool mate, rides like sunshine..... it seems like a vision is riding the same as when you were a 'kid" on a bicycle..... :D

that how good it handles for my own experience.....

see attached my friend "VICTORY REST" after different island touring in Indonesia and waiting for a ferry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
oooopppppsss sorry that is my driving instructor in Holland.....

this is last week VICTORY REST by my friend.... note the "finger" :ltr:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Sweet Vision! :)

Welcome aboard and Congrats!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I have a few mods that I want to do (so far)... it needs more sound. The stage 2 pipes are what I am thinking as of now, but I have no idea what other options are available. I also want to put a heel/toe shifter on it (I'm spoiled). Other than that, all I need to do is change the i-pod jack to an android friendly one. Can someone tell me what kind of mileage I should expect on the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Thanks. I have a few mods that I want to do (so far)... it needs more sound. The stage 2 pipes are what I am thinking as of now, but I have no idea what other options are available. I also want to put a heel/toe shifter on it (I'm spoiled). Other than that, all I need to do is change the i-pod jack to an android friendly one. Can someone tell me what kind of mileage I should expect on the bike?
You can check out the Vision thread for some pipe ideas and I'm sure you'll have others chime in about their pipe mods. My 02 cents; I added D&D's from stock pipes on my old XC and I absolutely loved them. :D Fantastic rumble but, not ear drum shattering. It really comes down to personal preference.

I would expect your mileage should be in the mid 40's but, it depends on your style of riding too. Have fun! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OK, I made a potential goof. I gassed up for the first time yesterday and put regular fuel in the bike. This morning I read the manual and found out it recommends 91 octane. Is it going to damage the bike running this tank or will it affect the performance in any way? Also, and I did a cursory search for the topic of fuel, does everyone else use 91 octane? I kind of wish the dealer would have told me this stuff before I left. I kind of wish I had asked more questions, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
One tank won't hurt, but it may run poorly or do some popping. You can run down to an auto store or some bike shops and get an Octane boost adaptive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts