Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this bike from a guy in ar. It sounds as if the bike is missing. It will kill when Idleing any suggestion I can do at home. I have to wait 3 weeks for the bike to be seen at the dealer.:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
New 08 Vegas Low Engine light is on

I just bought an 08 Vegas Low ($17625) this morning and I had it loaded onto my trailer. I hauled it for about 200 miles and unloaded it. I got on and test drove it (FIRST TIME) and the red engine light is on. WHat the HELL? This is my first victory so I don't know if it's a lemon. The light turns on and off when I ride. I only put on 4 miles, to get fuel, and I shut it off. Don't tell me that I should have bought an HD. :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Argggh!

My fluids are fine, all topped off. I did notice that the bike shifted a little rough, at first. WHen I ride, the light sometimes goes off, then it comes back on. When I was at the stop light, I went into neutral and the light turned off. :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmmm. Since you are so far away from dealer... I would check all wiring connections at sensors on engine. Make sure they are on and tight. I might even disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, then reconnect and see how it is. I will lastly suggest , since there is a lack of people here. Go here for better online help...http://www.thevmc.com/start.html.....there are many vic techs there that may have a better idea as to what might be wrong. These are great bikes. All bikes have problems, here and there. It's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I got it figured out!

When I brought the bike back, the low beam was burned out. I thought it was from the ride back. I bought a new bulb and started it up today, and when I throttled up, the bulb burned out again :confused: . I got my meter and hooked it up, and I noticed that when I gave it about 1/3 throttle, the voltage went up to 17.79V. That isn't supposed to happen, right :confused: . I also checked the engine light, and it comes on EVERYTIME THE METER HITS 17.0VDC! :eek: I think my alternator is on the fritz! What do you think? At Idle, the Voltage is 14.88VDC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stator

The Stator (sp) might possible be bad. My Brotherin-law's 04 Vegas had a problem with engine light coming on only after a couple of hundred miles. The Stator was replaced and he has had no more poblems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts