Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redline Oil

Anyone using this stuff???? Full Syn I Do Ride out into the Badlands.
Deserts, Palm Springs, El Centro....
20w-60 is what i would like to run..
Also hearing about slippage with full syn???
Running Factory oil now,
New to me, 13 8Ball Vegas
Had her one year, got her with 7K miles as of today I hit 17,500K miles..
I only ride on weekends for recreation, no commuting...

>Gman

Attachments

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I used Redline Shockproof in the transmission on the Harley I had before I got my Victory and it worked great but never tried their other oils. I think they make a quality product.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You will not get slippage with full synthetic oil, now if you use an oil that is loaded with molybdenum then you might get some slippage.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I ordered my Redline oil from Amazon

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
I had Redline diesel in my CCT (stock engine) and liked it very much ... No slippage ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
13,003 Posts
20/60 is a little to thick I think. 20/50 would be better in my opinion

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sir Visionjohnny,

I'm riding out to MadMax land! Zombieland///

Just want to try it out when summer rolls around...

My poor scoot, cursing at at me out here, telling me she aint No freaking Adventure bike,
Where the pavement at!!!!!
Crazy awesome art out here...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,186 Posts
Yeah; I 3rd the recommendation of staying away from the 20w60. That works in the Harley due to looser tolerances. The 20w50 is as thick as I would ever go in Victory and I lived in the hottest place besides Death Valley, USA; Mohave County, AZ. Try to make sure it's got the JASO MA or MA2 certs for wet clutch use. There is another oil thread going you might want to read and dozens more elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
20 is the cold viscosity.
I wouldnt hesitate to run a 60 upper number in those conditions.
However if youre riding dirt roads hope you got a good belt guard...a stone piercing the side of your drive belt is not good.
At least carry a spare, bandolier style in Mad Max land, maybe a bullet belt too.

·
Premium Member
13,186 Posts
This is the oil rec's from the '17 XCT owners manual.
That's interesting. I have read many times going with a heavier weight in synthetics is okay but this is the first time I've seen Polaris okay the 60 weight. Cool.

·
Registered
567 Posts
That's interesting. I have read many times going with a heavier weight in synthetics is okay but this is the first time I've seen Polaris okay the 60 weight. Cool.
BTW- here is the '16 manual for XCT- '15 was still the old rec' of 20w-40
Polaris recommends the use of only VICTORY Semi-Synthetic 20W-40 oil, Synthetic 15W60
oil or an equivalent oil designed for use with wet clutches (such as those with a JASO MA
rating).

·
Registered
701 Posts
I ran Redline 20/50 Motorcycle oil last year for the 1st time because of all the claims of a "cooler running engine." Last summer I rode through 100 degree weather for thousands of miles (hadn't planned on that but kept hitting heat waves) I noticed no "cooler running engine" whatsoever. I usually run Mobile 1 20/50 Motorcycle oil as I can get it for $9.99 around here. Spent $17 per quart for the Redline and feel I wasted my money.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I ran Redline 20/50 Motorcycle oil last year for the 1st time because of all the claims of a "cooler running engine." Last summer I rode through 100 degree weather for thousands of miles (hadn't planned on that but kept hitting heat waves) I noticed no "cooler running engine" whatsoever. I usually run Mobile 1 20/50 Motorcycle oil as I can get it for $9.99 around here. Spent $17 per quart for the Redline and feel I wasted my money.
And how much did you spend on fuel over those thousands of miles?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I know you have a point to make. Just not sure what it is..

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I know you have a point to make. Just not sure what it is..
Its a simple question mate.
How much coin did you spend on gasoline to cover the distance?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I’ve been kicking around going to Redline 10W40 synthetic,. It does not get hot around here until July. Run whatever you want as long as it’s JASO MA or MA2. I’ve had good results with the Amsoil 20W40 synthetic for Victory motorcycles.

The 16” owners manual for my Gunner mentions that heavier full synthetic,. I wouldn’t run it up here as it never really get that hot.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts