Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would search out the answer to this but I'm not sure how to narrow it down enough to do so.

Today was the first day that I really pushed my bike and in 1st gear, I was bouncing off of the rev limiter just below 5k. Although I really didn't pay too much attention, it seem as if 2nd gear gives you a bit more and 3rd even more. Didn't try fourth.

My guess is that these bikes have a lot more in them then 4950 rpm.

I have a PCV with AT and I'm wondering what the redline is on the 106 and what can be done to bump it up from where it currently is.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Limiter should be at 5500 1-4, and about 5000 in 5-6. Thing is even in S1 trim with the intake rubber removed; it quits making power at around 4400. So bouncing it up to just below the limiter, makes you slower; not faster

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Forgot to add. You are prolly out running the mechanicle ability of the tach in 1st, and that is why you think the limiter is below 5K. If you bring it up as opposed to jumping it up. You will see the higher number

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. This was the first time I really had a chance to jump on it at all and it seems as if right when it was getting fun, the rev limiter cut in.

I'm running D&Ds, performance filter, air strip removed, PCV and AT. My gut feeling is that the engine is not quite dropping off when the rev limiter is saying enough is enough. Are you finding that to be true KevinX?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts