Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with these? Looks like a great idea. There are a couple youtube vids showcasing the image inside the helmet. I'm wondering if it would be more of a distraction than helpful.
Thoughts anyone?

http://www.reevu.com/

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks like a great idea if you were riding solo. However when my wife rides with me I would be staring at here faceshield...lol

Couldn't figure out how to price one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was thinking about buying this too. I emailed the company a few months ago about pricing and availability. They replied and said that production was scarce in the states for now but they told me to check with revzilla.com. They are in PA and will be one of the first companies to carry it stateside.

I never followed up lol. Good luck, if you get your hands on one let us know!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oh and Kingsly. How's that service manual coming along?!? ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a great idea if you were riding solo. However when my wife rides with me I would be staring at here faceshield...lol

Couldn't figure out how to price one.
Never thought about that! That's pretty funny. I can imagine looking in the monitor and seeing a big 'ol helmet face there.

Adam, it's coming. I haven't had much of a chance to work on it this past week. I'm doing everything in order and I have chapter one done, but haven't bothered to upload it just because the info in it isn't that critical. Chapter 2 and on is where the fun begins. My main issue is the pics, no matter what I do they come out looking pretty bad. So I think what I'm going to have to do is actually take pictures of the pictures, then overlay them into position over each corresponding scanned pic. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and live under the philosophy that if you're going to do something, do it right or don't do it at all (hence the Victory purchase :) ). So releasing it with **** pics isn't really something I'm wanting to do. I should have some time to work on it next week, so I'll post an update. Thanks for being patient bro.

·
Registered
318 Posts
No problem king! Patience is key man! Thanks again for taking the time to do it, pretty awesome of you!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Revzilla.com has them for $400. They also have a review on them. There isn't a screen.... It's literally a set of mirrors inside the helmet that creates the rear view. Rather interesting....

cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Revzilla.com has them for $400. They also have a review on them. There isn't a screen.... It's literally a set of mirrors inside the helmet that creates the rear view. Rather interesting....

cheers
That makes sense as one of the vids said this was a mechanical operation and needed no power. I didn't understand that at first, but you've cleared up my ignorance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts