Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok If my friend see this post he'll be all over me.
Where is Voltage reg located and any suggestions on how to replace.

Here's why, My dealer wants $110 to check it out, $223 for the VR and 1.5 hrs at $165.00 per/hr. to relplace.
Bought the same part no. for $ 80.00

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
How did you come to the point of thinking you need to replace the regulator? Did you check out the alternator output? Is battery up to snuff. Just all questions to be answered before tossing $$$ at something. I need to go on the other PC to be sure, but I think its up front under the chin spoiler by battery.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Look under the battery compartment at the bottom of the bike. You should see the regulator. Not sure on the wiring but shouldn't be hard to find once you detach the regulator.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I replace a rect/reg on one of our XCT bikes. It is located under the bike fairly close to the front. It is a bit hard to access if you don't have a jack and stand. It is not very hard to change it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response

Changed out the Factory OEM battery and the Circuit Brkr 2 weeks ago, Bike started normally volt gauge reads 14+ amps (good) 10 minutes later it drops to 12- and stayed there while rolling.

Re tighten the Bat terms started it up again in Neutral hit 14+ then dropped to 12- No change when rolling on the Throttle.
ANy other suggestions would be apprecaited

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Here's a thread from 'nother forum. It describes an option I installed on my '14, VV…

'nother R/R Tale... | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

If yer lookin' for cheap this ain't the way to go.
If yer lookin' for reliable or efficient then it's a good way to go.
I've had mine in since Sept. '16 without any more problems!
Standing heat, idling heat, used to kill my voltage supply.
Now, nary a problem. I run a 1000W amp. and all kinds o' LEDs now without any problems. You can work on the bike if ya lay it on it's tip-over plates. Remember, ya will butcher yer wirin' if ya go this route so ya gotta really wanna do it!

·
12,983 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts