Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who removed your floorboards and the spring is causing you headaches, I came up with a quick and easy way to replace them without removing them from the bike. You can do this by yourself.

You'll need a short length of paracord. First, get the spring in the proper position the curved part will press against the bottom of the board. Next, thread the paracord through the spring. Next, thread the paracord ends though the spot where the spring goes from the inside. (the last picture is upside down, sorry). Finally. Carefully and slowly pull with one hand while working the spring in place with the other until it's lined up with the rod. Slowly remove the paracord and then push the rod through. You may have to try a few times to get the right amount push/pull pressure to get it all lined up.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah, I can see the advantage to pinching and tearing your fingers, like I did, by pushing them in from the engine side.....

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
What's the advantage to having the springs? I just left mine off when I installed the highway pegs...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The springs keep the boards from rattling as you ride., especially when your feet are on the pegs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one technique I read about involved taking the floorboard bracket off. That was too much work. There is a very fine margin between "seated in place" and "popped out onto the floor".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts