Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put some D&D slip ons on my 03 and now Im getting alot of popping out the exhaust. Everything seems tight. Think I need to have it remapped or buy a power controller to get rid of it....even though D&D says its not needed. Anyone else have this issue on our V92C's????

·
13,239 Posts
When you go away from stock mufflers all vic's pop.
I have read where the vic down load sucks and they say a Lloydz or power commander is the way to go. A little more money but better results.
I don't know but if you have 02 sensors un plug them and most of the popping will go away

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
When you go away from stock mufflers all vic's pop.
I have read where the vic down load sucks and they say a Lloydz or power commander is the way to go. A little more money but better results.
I don't know but if you have 02 sensors un plug them and most of the popping will go away
You have only been around since the closed loop bikes......
07 and back bikes do not have the same type of popping issues encountered by the 08 and up bikes. Also the downloads for the 05, and back bikes are actually quite good. For a nice worry free life. I would get a downlaod and TPS adjustment

Before you go it would be a good idea to clean the trhrottle bodies. That way as time goes by; all you have to do is reclean it every7-10,000 miles to keep a great running bike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to follow up.....took bike to a good Vic mechanic. We ordered a power comander and a performance filter from S&S and he's gunna dyno it in for me. But in the meantime he gave me a K&N filter to slip in to see what I thought. Wow! What a difference that filter made. Bike hardly pops anymore, sounds and runs wicked. So whoever had bike before me musta had it set up and took the filt and exaust off when they traded it in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have only been around since the closed loop bikes......
07 and back bikes do not have the same type of popping issues encountered by the 08 and up bikes. Also the downloads for the 05, and back bikes are actually quite good. For a nice worry free life. I would get a downlaod and TPS adjustment

Before you go it would be a good idea to clean the trhrottle bodies. That way as time goes by; all you have to do is reclean it every7-10,000 miles to keep a great running bike
Noted. I'll make sure mechanic cleans throttle bodies when he has it apart....thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts