Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple of weeks I have had the opportunity to participate in two very special events involving those to whom we owe so much.

First was a visit to a Veteran's Home, with a small group of vets I ride with, to visit with the residents and distribute Christmas gift bags of personal items. This facility has about 175 resident of which almost 90% are WWII veterans, with the oldest we met a young 101. While most of the visitations were very positive and uplifting, there were those that tugged at the heartstrings. Overall I'm not sure who got the most out of our visit but I think it may have been our group.

Second was this past weekend when I joined several of the veterans I ride with to participate in "Wreaths Across America". For those not familiar, it is a program with the goal to place a wreaths on graves in all of our National Cemeteries. We took part (see pic below of one of the sections where we laid wreaths) in the ceremony at Ft. Indiantown Gap National Cemetery. Again, it was an extremely fulfilling effort.

Honoring those who stood up to defend our nation and way of life is something that should be a part of our daily lives. This time of year it brings added dividends to those on both sides of the equation.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts