Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a county that requires emission testing.

Does anyone know if removing the 02 sensors will result in an emissions test failure?

I have new exhaust on the way, and I'm wondering if I should completely remove the 02 sensors and cabling and plug the exhaust pipe. However, if i do this, I'm worried I'll fail inspection.

If that is the case, I'll re-install the 02 sensors into the new pipes. :(

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I would think you will fail yes. Until i put the pcv in mine, mine ran better with the O2s connected anyway.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
13,239 Posts
don't remove them just follow the wires and un hook them it will make the bike run a little richer.
There not the easiest to un screw

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just realized motorcycles are exempt from emissions in my county, so I should be good either way. Thanks for the input though guys!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Then its up to you, unplug them see how it runs, you can always plug them back in. I had a lot of backfiring when i unplugged mine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
disconnected but not removed

on the TRat forum for triumphs a member highly regarded for his knowledge posted leaving unconnected sensors in the pipes will ruin them in time! Forchetto is always right, all members appreciate his lengthy but informative posts. i read whatever he says!

·
Registered
25 Posts
on the TRat forum for triumphs a member highly regarded for his knowledge posted leaving unconnected sensors in the pipes will ruin them in time! Forchetto is always right, all members appreciate his lengthy but informative posts. i read whatever he says!
A Highly Regarded member over at TRat???? I have not posted there in 2 years. Either your information is outdated or I have been replaced by a new know-it-all.:ltr:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts