Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this will help anyone out or not but I figured least I could do is share.
I removed hand painted pin striping over original paint by using NON Acetone nail polish remover and Q-tips. Those won't do it alone, your gonna need to put a little elbow grease into it to get the paint off.
Once i had the paint removed (down to the original paint color) i used a Mcquires compound to brighten the original color and then i waxed it. Came out good as new and you would never know there was another color on the bike!
Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Question though. The pin must have been put on OVER the clear coat then? If it was factory pinstriping it would be cleared over, no? If it was a pin put on over the factory paint I suppose I may not clear it...if it was matte or something. But I assume you would clear the whole part after striping?

Throw up some before and after pics, lets have a look.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were put on by the last owner over the factory original paint. They did not clear coat over them so i was able to remove them without too much trouble. I did however have to do the compound and wax after to make she "shadow" disappear. It looks great now though, you would never know they were there.
I didn't think to take a before and after pic, i was too pre-occupied by thinking about getting them off without hurting my paint.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts