Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been a fan of crash / highway bars on most bikes. But with that being said I can tolerate the looks of them on the XC. I have been thinking about removing mine, but I think the slot in the bottom left/right side of the chin spoiler would look funny. I may pull them off this weekend to see how it looks anyway.

So anyway I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so can you please post pics? Or if you haven't done it any ideas? I couldn't find any aftermarket parts to replace with.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I think it looks pretty good without any bars there.
I took the lower bars/fairing off of my Tour and replaced them with the XC forged bars.

·
13,003 Posts
maybe ebay would have some kind of plastic plug that would fit.Then paint them

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
8 balls don't come with bars. You should be able to order the plugs you need from a dealer......... Maybe

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe ebay would have some kind of plastic plug that would fit.Then paint them
8 balls don't come with bars. You should be able to order the plugs you need from a dealer......... Maybe[/QUOTE

From the post above I don't think I'm being clear. The part I think might look funny without the bars is circled below in red.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
I though you were talking about bolt holes. Sorry

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
SPARK , I think it will look fine . Only you can decide , but I think you will agree .

·
Registered
436 Posts
Definately looks better without the bars - helps to make the lines of the X bikes "pop". That said.....I would be concerned about a parking lot mishap and dropping the bike. I dropped mine on a gravel road when I had to stop fast to keep from hitting a dog. I stopped but ended up on an angle and slowly dropped the bike on its right side. Zero damage and I was able to lift myself. W/o the bars I am sure I would have had plenty of damage and would not have been able to lift it alone.
No one plans to drop their babies but.....

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SPARK , I think it will look fine . Only you can decide , but I think you will agree .
Thanks, I am going to take them off for a while just to give it a fair chance.

Definately looks better without the bars - helps to make the lines of the X bikes "pop". That said.....I would be concerned about a parking lot mishap and dropping the bike. I dropped mine on a gravel road when I had to stop fast to keep from hitting a dog. I stopped but ended up on an angle and slowly dropped the bike on its right side. Zero damage and I was able to lift myself. W/o the bars I am sure I would have had plenty of damage and would not have been able to lift it alone.
No one plans to drop their babies but.....

Well I have had a bike since I was 15 ( 58 now ), I am on my 8th bike. So far I haven't dropped one but you know how that goes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Well I have had a bike since I was 15 ( 58 now ), I am on my 8th bike. So far I haven't dropped one but you know how that goes.
Same here , BUT , last spring a girl wasn't looking and literally almost ran me over . I HAD to lay the bike over , or get run over , she just missed me . No damage except for a scuff on the bottom of the bar , easily touched up . Had I not had the bars on , It would have SMASHED my fairing , bars , floorboard , side bag , exhaust and more . I estimate 3000.00 or so in damage NOT including any needed labor . I will NEVER ride without the crash bars for this very reason , it may look cool without them but if you tip over , you will always be asking yourself WHY DIDNT I LEAVE THEM ON ......;)

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same here , BUT , last spring a girl wasn't looking and literally almost ran me over . I HAD to lay the bike over , or get run over , she just missed me . No damage except for a scuff on the bottom of the bar , easily touched up . Had I not had the bars on , It would have SMASHED my fairing , bars , floorboard , side bag , exhaust and more . I estimate 3000.00 or so in damage NOT including any needed labor . I will NEVER ride without the crash bars for this very reason , it may look cool without them but if you tip over , you will always be asking yourself WHY DIDNT I LEAVE THEM ON ......;)

Now why did you have to go and post that!!!

I'm starting to get the feeling this is a bad idea. But I will do it anyway. Once I get the new Witchdoctor goodies on and the bars removed I will post a pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts