Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My service manual is yet to show up, and I have some time this weekend so I dont want to wait. I am installing my VFCIII on the bike, which has been pre programmed by Lloyds for my D&D pipes and Lloyds AC.

I belive after searching here I got a handle on it, but never did find specifics on this exact bike, so I wanted to ask for some help before proceeding...

I drained all fuel from the tank. I pulled the side covers and removed the seat. I can now see the 2 bolts on the back of the tank to remove. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be removing those 2 bolts, placing a rag on the front of the tank( so not to scratch it), and tilting the tank forward to remove the fuel line and wire connector? I cant seem to see any front bolts for the tank(or maybe I didnt look hard enough)? Then the tank should lift right off?

Are the injector plugs that I need to connect the VFCIII to pretty obvious once the tank is removed?

Any helpful tips to complete this process would be greatly appreciated! thumb up

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I drained all fuel from the tank. I pulled the side covers and removed the seat. I can now see the 2 bolts on the back of the tank to remove. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be removing those 2 bolts, placing a rag on the front of the tank( so not to scratch it), and tilting the tank forward to remove the fuel line and wire connector? I cant seem to see any front bolts for the tank(or maybe I didnt look hard enough)? Then the tank should lift right off?
You need to pull the tank backward a little bit first. The frame has a couple of rubber mounts at the front that the tanks slips onto.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to pull the tank backward a little bit first. The frame has a couple of rubber mounts at the front that the tanks slips onto.
Ahhh! Roger! So that holds the front down. Thank you sir!thumb up

·
Registered
848 Posts
Be very Careful!

Fuel pump nipple is plastic.. Break it and it is a cool $200.00 to replace.

Pull the fuel line behind the cheeze wedge first and then carefully lif the rear of the tank. Disconnect the electrical connector and the tank slides back and off. There is also a Wire tie holding the fuel line on under the tank.

cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
You'll also need to disconnect the breather hoses near the 2 rear bolts. Here's a video by witchdoctor showing you how to install the fuel controller,

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man...You guys kick a**! cheers

Thank you very much! And that video is priceless! I searched on youtube, but somehow missed that one.

Again, thanks for the help!thumb up

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Those rear tank bolts go through a pair of rubber washers on each side. The inner washers can only be removed after you slide the back up. As you do so, they can fall into a black hole.

The second time I needed to lift the tank up (haven't taken it completely off yet), I put painter's tape over all the openings back there.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the scans wspollack and the video Ninja. Will be putting my Lloyds filter and PCV in soon! thumb up

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those rear tank bolts go through a pair of rubber washers on each side. The inner washers can only be removed after you slide the back up. As you do so, they can fall into a black hole.
I haven't had to lift my tank yet, however one of my buds did on his XC. Yup, one of the rubber washers went in to a black hole. I guess when I do get ready to lift mine I'll ba taking extra caution. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts