Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
When I put heated grips on my XR, I was concerned about the clutch side removal. Turned out to be pretty easy. Nothing got ruined, not even the end caps. I wrapped the caps with electrical tape and used Channel lock pliers. Came right out. I forget exactly how I got the grip off, but it was easy...took only a couple of minutes. I seem to recall a little WD-40 and pushing it off from the bar from the inside rather than pulling from the end of the bar. Obviously, if you use WD you will need to clean it off if you plan on re-using the grip. The heated grips use set screws to keep them properly oriented...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Pull the chrome ends off by hand , just twist and pull hard and they will come off ... Take a long thin screwdriver and carefully work it between the grip and bar , once you get it all the way in , squirt some WD40 in and work the screwdriver around gently then pull it out . You should be able to twist the grip and pull it off .

·
Registered
968 Posts
The grips do not usually have anything like silicone or glue holding them on. Perhaps a bit of tacky spray but unless someone has had them off before and added it they are usually dry. A quick little shot of WD40 or other lube with the nozzle on inside the of the grip will help you work it off. I also read about a compressed air solution that will literally just pop them off but I couldn't get that to work for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts