Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the PCV and the o2 sensors are disconnected. Has anyone just removed them for the sake of aesthetics? If so what kind of plug did you use to fill the bung in the pipe?

Thanks

Brian

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Call a couple of automotive exhaust shops and you'll most likely find some for free or very little $$.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I ordered my Lloyds filter, and want to do a computer then the dyno. Should I pull the plugs? Or have the dyno guy recommend it? I have a set of Big Honker pipes. :confused:

·
13,172 Posts
You can go to auto parts store and get a 18mm oil drain plug they fit just fine

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Just be sure to use a little anti-sieze when putting the bung plugs in - if you don't you may not be able to get them back out. thumb up

·
Registered
97 Posts
O2 sensors removal-need guidance?

Can someone please tell us what tool/s you used to remove o2 sensors?
With my large selection of tools, I was not able to figure out how to remove. Not enough room to manuver any of my tools to accomplish.
Hope we do not have to break free the exhaust from the motor?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and stay safe!

·
13,172 Posts
There is a special deep socket for them dealer can order it or on line you can find one

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I've always used an open end wrench, don't know why you need a "special socket" just sayin'........

·
Registered
97 Posts
confused?

All,
Would like to hear from somone who has actually removed the o2 sensors. I have the special sensor socket, as well as several open and closed wrenches. There is not enough space to get any of the tools in there to remove sensors?

Please help! Thank you!

·
Registered
931 Posts
you can use a wrench to remove. the special sockets have cut out for the wiring. I have oil drain plugs from a Toyota in place if my o2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
931 Posts
All,
Would like to hear from somone who has actually removed the o2 sensors. I have the special sensor socket, as well as several open and closed wrenches. There is not enough space to get any of the tools in there to remove sensors?

Please help! Thank you!
might have to use a swivel extension. I went with open wrench to remove

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
All,

Please help! Thank you!
Did you not read the post above yours? A special socket is not necessary. I use a standard open end wrench to remove the o2 sensors and get my bung plugs from a local muffler shop for free. I use the recessed hex opening ones for a cleaner look. Just be sure to add a little anti-sieze to the threads so you can get them out if or when the time comes to remove them.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
This post would have been helpful if someone mentioned what size wrench is required to remove the O2 sensor!

Just sayin'

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is it best to remove the whole sensor and plug the hole, or can the wire just be disconnected for the same effect?

I tried briefly before to pull the wire connector off the end of the ~3" metal housing that I believe is the sensor, but it did not disconnect easily and I left it alone. Do I need a pliers to pull this connector off or should I be able to pull it off with just my fingers? I was afraid to pull too hard as I wasn't positive I was pulling in the right spot and didn't want to break the wire or connector.

A little more guidance on this proceedure would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Randy

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Is it best to remove the whole sensor and plug the hole, or can the wire just be disconnected for the same effect?

I tried briefly before to pull the wire connector off the end of the ~3" metal housing that I believe is the sensor, but it did not disconnect easily and I left it alone. Do I need a pliers to pull this connector off or should I be able to pull it off with just my fingers? I was afraid to pull too hard as I wasn't positive I was pulling in the right spot and didn't want to break the wire or connector.

Cheers,
Randy
There is a connector about 8-10" up from the sensor..... just unplug there. I believe there are also connectors along the frame area too, depending on model. Do not rip the wiring out of the crimped area at the sensor itself...

·
Registered
304 Posts

Cheers,
Randy
You can just unplug and leave the sensors in. You should also follow the black wire to a plug that you can safely disconnect with pinching the clips. I think you are prying on the wrong thing and going to wind up breaking the sensor.

People are plugging them for looks to clean up the area and wires. My local muffler shop gave me two yesterday as well, for free.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts