Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stage one pipes on my '05 KP.
The top one is in the way of removing the axle bolt.

Do these pipes come apart, as in pulling the back half off or something, or does the whole exhaust need to come off.
Sorry, I've never done this before.

Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
I was hoping a KP owner would chime in before now and assuming you want an answer soon, I will submit this...
Assuming the KP has the same rear suspension as the Cross bikes, you lift the bike - wheels off the ground - place a jack under the rear wheel ( I use a platform scissors jack) unweight the rear wheel enough to be able to remove the two bolts connecting the rear suspension to the swing arms and then lower the rear wheel. The axle should clear the mufflers.
Rear wheel removal should be in your manual.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was hoping a KP owner would chime in before now and assuming you want an answer soon, I will submit this...
Assuming the KP has the same rear suspension as the Cross bikes, you lift the bike - wheels off the ground - place a jack under the rear wheel ( I use a platform scissors jack) unweight the rear wheel enough to be able to remove the two bolts connecting the rear suspension to the swing arms and then lower the rear wheel. The axle should clear the mufflers.
Rear wheel removal should be in your manual.
I'm thinking the same.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll investigate.

On the other hand, I think I'll let a shop do my tire change.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
I have a problem...I do not trust others with tools and my things. In my over four decades of being a repairman, I have seen way too much ham fisted work done by so-called professionals charging way too much.
I don't have tire changing equipment, so I take my wheels to my tire guy to have new ones mounted. I remove the rear sprocket so it won't get bunged up - again. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a problem...I do not trust others with tools and my things. In my over four decades of being a repairman, I have seen way too much ham fisted work done by so-called professionals charging way too much.
I don't have tire changing equipment, so I take my wheels to my tire guy to have new ones mounted. I remove the rear sprocket so it won't get bunged up - again. Lesson learned.
Well it's a Vic/Indian shop, so I'm putting my faith in them.
If I had a garage, I might think things differently.

Thanks for your responses.

·
13,002 Posts
Have them put the axle nut on the left side of the bike. Then you can pull the axle out the left side and pipes will not matter. Once the nut is loose you can slide the locking tab out on the right side

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have them put the axle nut on the left side of the bike. Then you can pull the axle out the left side and pipes will not matter. Once the nut is loose you can slide the locking tab out on the right side
Brilliant!
I'll do that.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts