Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Highball and I am looking to put on a lloyd's intake on it and was wondering how to remove the stock intake. I have heard people talk about cutting it out but sounds sketchy. Any advice or pictures.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
Start sawing or remove the motor.
I had the same thought before...I still have the factory intake.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Honestly the cable saw rips through it real quick. If you go on Lloydz website he has the destructions on how to do it. But the cable saw is your friend in this case...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have to agree with Lunatic on this , cable saw ,
$5.00 @ Lowes or home depot . You need to make only 3 cuts and the whole airbox can be removed , and will only take about 8 minutes to do . Put tape on frame around airbox so you don't scratch it , I was skeptical about doing this too , but once you get started its TIT to do .thumb up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot everyone I feel a little more at ease chopping into my bike lol. Can't wait to feel the HP it adds after I get it back from the Dino.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Big difference I imagine just in doing the intake over stock.

I'd love to do torque tube intake with cams, PCV+tune and whatever goodies the pro recommends while she's on the bench. But I'm at the threshold of diminishing returns on spending the coin. Maybe if H_C let's me roll through the gears on his KP once, I might be a power junkie. thumb up But then I'm afraid H_C will simply say 'bigger inches... no replacement for displacement'. $$$$$$$ I bet cost wise, it's probably just easier to pull her and super-size that happy meal, then the intake is bolt on right there. I must cease thinking about this like right now.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
aviation snips

[/URL][/IMG]if its like the hammer after removing the tank just cut it out in pieces. you want to cover the air intake ASAP, be careful as i had a cable mounted on side of the box, not easy to see, a hot knife prolly work main thing is nothing falling into throttle bodies. i used the cheaper ness intake on my 13 hammer, love the roar when you twist it! butt dyno says good, it pulls down lower without jerking. i had the dealer download with tri-pro former owner installed. prolly eliminate the oxygen sensors from info i am reading. heres a pic of the little you see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts