Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to darken ( smoke ) the turn signal lens on my XC. I did a search and all I turned up was the painting part. I have that down but can't figure out how to remove the lens. Surely these come off or how else would you replace the bulb. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I located a set on a site last week I will look it up and post it

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I can’t find it right now I saved the site on my office computer because it took so long to find it. I will post it on Monday at the latest. It was a complete set including the tail light lens.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can’t find it right now I saved the site on my office computer because it took so long to find it. I will post it on Monday at the latest. It was a complete set including the tail light lens.

Thanks DMac but just out of know how, do the lens come off?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Brake lights and turn signals are LED so you can't remove the lens. You could tape the housings and spray the lenses with VHT though.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I was reading the old posts and though you were still looking
I believe they just pop off but not sure

·
Registered
355 Posts
when I did mine I taped off the chrome part. worked fine.

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
Brake lights and turn signals are LED so you can't remove the lens. You could tape the housings and spray the lenses with VHT though.
So do the LEDs last forever?..or do we have to buy a complete blinker or tail light when they blow?
0n my 2010 Vegas the number plate light blew, the lens wasnt removable so I bought a hella replacement and filed it down to fit.
Out of interest I cut up the old blown one and found a normal globe inside!!!!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Well aint that a bitch, I guess I'll have to tape off everything.

·
13,003 Posts
Call Mike at Heavy Metal Design. He sells smoked lens he could tell you if they pop off or not

1 - 13 of 13 Posts