Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installed some new baffles in my xbow slipons and I've read the best way is to remove the slipons since you'll have to drill a new mounting hole.

I have been fighting with them for a couple hours now and they don't seem to budge.

The do wiggle a little but I can't pull them out. If they were each single pipes it would be easier, but there are two joined so you can't twist and spin them.

I have loosened the clamps and the heat shield clamps on the headers where they meat the slip ons

I've tried heat, cooling down the header side, etc. Still no go. There's no where to pound on either to get them to move.

Anyh help would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting really frustrated. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I will say this, yes the Thunder Monster baffles make the xbows sound absolutely AMAZING. Well worth if even if it was a completed B**CH to get the slipons off to install them. They're just snug. And I have little patience.

Wow.. can't wait to go for a ride!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I have Xbows and there is already a hole in them where the standard baffles are secured internally- why drill new holes?

All you needed to do was cut the standard baffles in half- improves sound and performance. They (standard ones) will only last 2 years anyway before the material fully burns off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thunder baffles require a minimum of 3" from the end, and 6" is the sweet spot. The reviews I read said 6" works perfect so that's what I did.

And, I'm very happy with the results.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a link to a video someone else made from them. The after video doesn't do any justice as the really deep tone doesn't come through well:

well, it's not letting me link to another victory site (please... that's poor)...

HEre's the direct link to the youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOtfO4jzIc0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts