Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my uncle and cousins lost everything literaly in the fire that swept thru washoe, southwest of reno. melted cars, horse trailers, killed all the animals from horses to dogs and cats, one human life was lost as well.........it was my uncles mother, she died in her home...never made it out before fire consumed it.
Its been a crappy year for our family and im not sure really why im sharing this here.........but I had to share it with someone...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Very sorry to here of your familys loses. It helps to vent. Hope the rest of the year works out better for you. If you go riding please try to go only if you have a clear mind. Years ago I turned left in front of somebody after a family member died,thankfully I did not get hit. Be careful and hang in there. Past few years I have lost three family members, its not easy but keep going on. Remember keep the rubber side down if you go for a ride and ONLY ride with a clear mind.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I would like to add my condolences too. We have been watching the news coverage of that fire as we have shirt tail relatives in Reno. Now, with what you have shared, I can't see that footage with the same detachment I had before. I'm very sad for your loss. As Speedblue admonishes; ride only with a clear head, we want you around here for a long time.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I am truely saddened to hear about the losses your family experianced and even more sorry to hear about the loss of your family member.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's horrible Ed. My heart goes out to you and yours.
Don't question why you let this out here, just be happy you did. Can't keep it bottled up man

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Yesterday my uncle and cousins lost everything literaly in the fire that swept thru washoe, southwest of reno. melted cars, horse trailers, killed all the animals from horses to dogs and cats, one human life was lost as well.........it was my uncles mother, she died in her home...never made it out before fire consumed it.
Its been a crappy year for our family and im not sure really why im sharing this here.........but I had to share it with someone...
My condolences. Just goes to show that we shouldn't take things for granted. Our life circumstances can change so dramatically in the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
293 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Thank you for sharing your story. I too think it can help to let others know and get it off your chest a little. It also personalizes such a tragedy, helps us realize how precious life is and makes us appreciate our loved ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts