Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lot of you like to ride with others but your schedule makes this difficult. I believe it is a good idea on several hour trips to have someone tagging along for many reasons.

I love riding solo but have often wondered going around a less traveled 2-lane curve, if I wipe out and slid off the road down an embankment or into some water, who would know if I were incapacitated. No, it doesn't keep me from riding but is always in the back of my mind.

Problem solved! At least in my area...

For just $100 and my gas, I'll ride with you anywhere for one day. Days are Saturday or Sunday. $50 for a short night time trip any time during the week.

I'm guessing here, but I imagine there may lots of folks that may not ride as much as they would like for safety reasons. This way, you have someone watching your back.

I'm in central Miss.

Private message me

Yeah! This kinda started out as a joke but the more I thought about it(2 secs.), sounded like a legit deal and something I'd be willing to try. We'll see! :D

... you can make fun of Dill if you want, don't give a flip! :D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
What are you some kind of NERD or what ? :ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
PM me you guys , I will ride for free AND buy my own gas ! LOL :ltr: Hell , I might even buy the BEER !thumb up Hey Dill ,:nanana:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
This is shameful self promotion and I'll change it up if I need to forums cops.

Look! No one is offering to ride with dill or buy him a beer. I'll give you a reason to ride and you'll be glad to buy me one. Ha!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It would be my pleasure !cheers

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Dill; you're just being goofy. I'm sure there are plenty of people who take day rides in your area that you could get to know.

Having said that; I have found I like riding alone more these days because many times others have a very different way of riding that I sometimes find uncomfortable. By going at my own pace, sometimes faster than usual and sometimes slower, I have a better experience but I do find it would be great to share the experience at times.

I find up to 3 or 4 bikes to be just right for group riding. After that it just isn't that much fun because I'm concentrating on the bike ahead of me or if I'm in front; spending a lot of time looking at my mirrors to make sure everyone is ok and still there behind me.

·
Registered
427 Posts
While I do enjoy riding with some buddys, Smaller groups are most defintely more fun. If the group is too large, it can be hard to even pull over to take a piss! When I ride by myself, I can decide when and where to stop. Maybe turn around to check out something I just went by. Got my cell phone if anything goes wrong and a couple of bottles of H2O in the bags at all times. (Anyone who rides alone should do keep water in their bags)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dill; you're just being goofy.
You're right! But, if someone wants to ride with me for nothing, I'd love it as long as they tip me a C-note. :p

I actually love riding solo or with one other rider. I don't care for groups at all. A friend and I will ride and then stop and get coffee and pie... love it! Something to look forward to.

Got the idea from here > http://rentafriend.com/

You can rent a friend or rent yourself out as a friend. I looked locally and got a major laugh at the pics and bio of the jokers wanting to do this... ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS? :D

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I been to the elephants and I know town is where the lights are but I never thought somebody would suggest that I should separate a Benjamin from my wad for the joy of sharing some asphalt with them. Sorry, no sale spanky.

OTOH I have happily paid my hard earned ducats to young ladies for the pleasure of their company and will go to my dirt nap convinced that it was money well spent.

There are some rides I am fine with alone. Other rides were definitely worth paying for.

·
13,242 Posts
Dill if you're going to ride at night and back roads why not get brighter lights for your bike even add running lights. Then you can see the deer and the edge of the highway

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
A lot of you like to ride with others but your schedule makes this difficult. I believe it is a good idea on several hour trips to have someone tagging along for many reasons.

I love riding solo but have often wondered going around a less traveled 2-lane curve, if I wipe out and slid off the road down an embankment or into some water, who would know if I were incapacitated. No, it doesn't keep me from riding but is always in the back of my mind.

Problem solved! At least in my area...

For just $100 and my gas, I'll ride with you anywhere for one day. Days are Saturday or Sunday. $50 for a short night time trip any time during the week.

I'm guessing here, but I imagine there may lots of folks that may not ride as much as they would like for safety reasons. This way, you have someone watching your back.

I'm in central Miss.

Private message me

Yeah! This kinda started out as a joke but the more I thought about it(2 secs.), sounded like a legit deal and something I'd be willing to try. We'll see! :D

... you can make fun of Dill if you want, don't give a flip! :D
If one rides around constantly worrying about wiping out then ya dont need 3 guesses as to whats gonna happen.
We make our own luck.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dill let me know when you expand operations and are offering cute females to ride passenger for a much more reasonable rate (ie: beer and food only).

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Dill let me know when you expand operations and are offering cute females to ride passenger for a much more reasonable rate (ie: beer and food only).color=gray]Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App[/color]
Excellent! ? you'll be waiting long time. Try rentafriend website.
This is more like rent a buddy to ride with you on his own bike. I don't spoon with guys . ??

[

1 - 20 of 27 Posts