Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, first of all, I like Harleys, and sold a 2007 RoadGlide when I got my XC. I still have 3 other Harleys.

I live in LA, but am in Jacksonville, Florida for three weeks. The weather this weekend was 70 or so, and I rented a 2011 ElectraGlide Classic for two days. It was basically stock, but had aftermarket (loud) pipes.

My XC has maybe 3k miles, and has the Lloyd cams.

So, I was very interested how I would feel about the Harley vs XC now.

When I rode back to my B&B, on the freeway, my initial impression was the EG was every bit as nice as the XC:)

However, as I rode the next day and 1/2 (maybe 200 miles or so) I realized two critical differences.

1. The suspension on the EG is fine when the road is smooth, but it is TERRIBLE over a bad road! Incredible difference.

2. My cammed XC is waaayyyy faster. Waaayyy:D Not really a fair comparo, but I have less $$ in my XC, after all the mods, than a stock EG would cost.

It was a really nice confirmation that I made the right choice.thumb up

·
Registered
243 Posts
I hear what your saying, my bike previous to my vegas was a 1988 fxrs, [ an early dyna ] owned that bike for 17 yrs. loved the bike, the power was nothing to brag about, , and hassle i had to go through to replace some items [ the belt ] just makes one pissed, made a couple of fly n rides one to colorado where the dlr gave me a new electra glide, carb model, was roomy, comfortable, altho heavy a real nice bike, the next yr. went to washington , dlr gave me a new electra glide fuel injection model, was light yrs better than the carb. model with all the changes in elevation it performed much better , beatiful bikes, have not rode a cross country or cross roads, altho i did ride the vision . . . light yrs. ahead of the electra glide, imo , one thing harley beats Victory on hands down is in the quality of there chrome.

will i go back to harley , probably not, im satisfied with my present ride

steve

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes Sir!!! It is always a good thing to remind yourself you made the right choice! There is always a risk though. I did the same thing when I bought my softail. It was a debate between the Deluxe and a Roadking. I rented a roadking in Hawaii and after getting off I was bummed cuz I knew I had made the wrong choice and all I could think about was getting on a roadking and getting off the deluxe. Then I test road my CR! Even better then the RoadKing... I am happycheers

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great comparison.........thanks for the info?
How much did it cost to cam your bike, and how do you think the power would've compared w/out the cam job?
Have to admit that after having Vance and Hines pipes on my last bike........I don't miss the loud pipes at all.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great comparison.........thanks for the info?
How much did it cost to cam your bike, and how do you think the power would've compared w/out the cam job?
Have to admit that after having Vance and Hines pipes on my last bike........I don't miss the loud pipes at all.
Yea, I didn't like the noise either, my XC has very lightly modded stock pipes, sounds more like a stock harley.

The Lloyds cams with the carriers needed for the newer engines, plus gaskets ets, were $950 or so (I think). I understand Lloydz is working on new cams which won't need the carriers, so might cost $500 or so? My buddy Marc did the istall for free, but I think KevinX (do a search on this forum) charges maybe $550 or so, and will travel if there are 3-4 jobs (?). Please don't quote me, this is just my understanding. It took my buddy maybe 4-5 hours, with a couple special tools, and he is quite talented.

I also have a Power Commander with Autotune, and removed the air filter seal. I also reprogrammed the red limit to 6,000 RPM!

The difference in power is unbeleivable. I would guess 20-30 HP/torque. If performnce is important, the best $$ you can spend. At 4500 RPM it starts coming on like a hi performnce small block chevy...just teriific:D. I can hit a 100+ on the freeway onramp, and it is still pulling strong (yea I know it's stupid, but it sure is fun)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts