Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, to be fair, I bought a whole conversion kit (black), but then sold the black top and bought a chrome top on e-bay.

So...wondering:

1) are they supposed to fit together that bad (horrible gap, misalignment in between the two halves)?

2) if not, they made different topper for different bikes/years?

Here's the underside of the chrome cover:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No replies? Really? All bullet headlights fit like this?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not sure I just installed my victory hid kit and mine didn't go back together like it should. I didn't mess with it too much because I was putting a fairing on and it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks normal to me , mine has a gap too . Its just the way it fits / made ...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here is my bullet light housing. It doesn't appear to have the gap that yours does but I haven't taken it apart, yet. i am getting ready to install some HIDs so I am hopeful that i won't have a problem with the gap that a previous poster stated after he did his HID install.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya, something is definitely not right. I mean, imagine if I rode in the rain, how much water would be in that headlight bucket!

I must have a different year topper than what should go on the retrofit kit. Dang it, wish I kept the black topper that came w/the kit to compare with.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well...I think I need this one:

5135752-156

http://www.victorypartsrus.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=1769969&category=Motorcycles&make=Victory&year=2012&fveh=117995

:(

I think I have the old 2007 one (w/no part # on it) for 2006-2008 bullet headlights.
Also in the parts drawing, I did not see a rubber sleeve or flange of sorts for the opening where the wires come in from the bike. Mine has one and serves as probably both a water seal and to prevent the metal edges from rubbing or cutting into the wiring. If you don't have one for the bullet lamp, you might want to inquire with the local Vic shop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts