Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran over a 4x4 on the freeway one night last year, and ruined a perfectly good set of underwear, along with a rear wheel. It put a big 'ol smile in the rim, which I managed to have pounded back in. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite good enough of a repair, and it's beginning to rust internally.

I cannot seem to find any real information on compatibility with other wheels, or if/how much, of an offset there is in the hub. All I need is a replacement rim, but Victory doesn't sell just the rim, only the entire wheel assembly, and my pride refuses to pay $1,200 for a simple, 16" x 3.5", 40-spoke rim for a '13 High Ball.

Is anybody aware of a compatible wheel, or a replacement possibility (e.g. 16" x 5", etc)?

Thanks,
A Frustrated Polecat

·
Registered
182 Posts
Some people have used RK Excel rims on factory hubs. It was on this forum, but I can't seem to find it. Might be worth looking into. Last I checked a run was about $150

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you VERY much. And I agree, but I refer to it as auto incorrect.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
3.5 x 16 X 40 is a standard HD size. They used it for almost 100yrs. (long time huh).
There is a company on line who has been around since I was a kid (long time too) who sells spoke sets. makes custom spoke set, laces wheels etc. I think they are in CA but for the moment the name escapes me.
They know everything about laced motorcycle wheels.

They should be able to supply you with a rim, spokes, and the info as to what you should need to get to repair your wheel. They will also do it for you If you send them the hub I'm sure. They used to be very forthcoming with information years ago, don't know if that has changed or not.

Do a search and I will be trying to jog my memory.

·
12,970 Posts
make sure you mark the hub for rotor side and pulley side.
Tell them you have right hand drive.
Don't take it for granted they know about victory

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Hog rim we call em here,
Had a 16" laced for back of my XS650s and 750/4 bobbers.
Find a good wheelwright.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent suggestion, and I agree, it's the really simple things taken for granted that end up biting me in the tuchus. Would you happen to know offhand if the wheel has an offset? I'm not certain where to measure to and from to determine that (what I lack in wrenching skills, I make up for in twisting the wick, LOL).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3.5 x 16 X 40 is a standard HD size. They used it for almost 100yrs. (long time huh).
There is a company on line who has been around since I was a kid (long time too) who sells spoke sets. makes custom spoke set, laces wheels etc. I think they are in CA but for the moment the name escapes me.
They know everything about laced motorcycle wheels.

They should be able to supply you with a rim, spokes, and the info as to what you should need to get to repair your wheel. They will also do it for you If you send them the hub I'm sure. They used to be very forthcoming with information years ago, don't know if that has changed or not.

Do a search and I will be trying to jog my memory.
Thanks Joe, somebody turned me onto Buchanan's out of Azusa, and I think they just might do the trick. There's also another place in Cali that will stamp out a rim for me if I send them the hub, but their name escapes me for the moment also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rim. How many spoke holes how wide is rim. Now look on the net. Victory doesn't make a special rim they buy them from someone.
look on facebook ( victory buy&sell)

Victory Highball Rear Rim Tire | eBay
All very good ideas from everybody, and very appreciated. eBay was a bust, but I haven't tried the FB thing, mostly because I think it's evil (FB, not the Buy/Sell site). I have a brother that's heading to some super swap meet in Denver tomorrow, he's looking for me also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts