Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

So Recently, one of the lines that goes from my injector to the fuel rail tore. I cannot find the individual part on any parts diagram, only the entire fuel rail sold complete.
My question is, does anyone know of a good alternative line to use other than buying an entire new fuel rail? Would just a normal nylon / plastic line work that I can get from any old auto store?
Thanks!

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Never had that problem, so I'm not familiar with that line. Is it a hose? Material? Rubber-like? Got clamps at either end? If so, my guess it is made to handle pressures and should be available at either an auto supply or air/oil systems supply.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Pics would help those of us with no clue.

Can you use automotive parts on a motorcycle? If it's already broke I would try it.
If you do it document it with pics and a write up for the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I agree with the answers above, if your up for it just replace it with a high pressure fuel hose, i removed the fuel rail once and it was a "[email protected]'/# to remove but the connection point did not look any different or special to me ...

Did you try DonWood website to buy the part separate ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey All,

Attached is not my picture, but a rough idea of the fuel line I will be replacing. I am under the impression that any old high pressure injector hose from an auto parts store will do the trick.

It is the hose that T's off from the fuel line from the tank into the rear cylinder injector. No clamps on the hose, just a super tight fit on the connection. I did remove the old one which was a true PITA. It doesn't look any different from the normal fuel line mounting slip on connection. Just was looking to see if anyone had any major input.

I have the heads off to get chrome plated again as the factory plating has chipped apart. Once the bike is back together I will update with what I did for the fuel line. Looks like a stop at my local auto source is in order.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do not see why a good quality auto high pressure fuel hose would not work? Likely the cheapest route would be take it off and carry to an auto store to match up the hose and size etc up. If you plan to replace the whole fuel rail which might be easier it will be costly, but you can likely find a used one on ebay for under $100.00.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
I do not see why a good quality auto high pressure fuel hose would not work? Likely the cheapest route would be take it off and carry to an auto store to match up the hose and size etc up. If you plan to replace the whole fuel rail which might be easier it will be costly, but you can likely find a used one on ebay for under $100.00.
Because it would crimp at those tight bends... pinch down...

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Saying more than I know because I have not seen how that hose, would using a longer hose, routed a different way, so there are no sharp bends do the job if there's room?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Well when parts are no longer available someone is probably going to figure out using auto hose for the job.
I'm not hugely familiar with hose in that application but I think as RICZ that the job can be done without kinks on a longer hose.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
I had a collapsed fuel line on my Jack. My Indy just replaced it with standard fuel line material.
Jacks gots fuel lines? :eek

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya that was my theory as well.I just wanted to run my idea past all of y'all in case maybe one of you had been through this and were like "you must use xxx part or it will be catastrophic". But that Is not the consensus I have come to, so I will just use a generic high pressure fuel hose.
Thank You all for your help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts