Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heated grips on my '08 are deteriorating. The rubber is feeling like a bad batch of gummy bears. If I don't wear gloves, my palms look like I am wearing gloves. Is there an aftermarket "heated" replacement grip available anywhere, or do I simply have to do an OEM replacement?

·
13,002 Posts
look on the net for grip puppies. Good feel don't leave your hands black or tacky. You can feel the heat just fine. They slid over your grips.
If you have a goldwing shop around stop in they usually have them

·
Registered
67 Posts
Heat Demons and Avon grips both are options. Actually heat demons are used in the Avon grips. However they won't work with the victory stock switch since they offer more heat settings than low/high. You can mount their switch on the vision's dash but it looks like ass. For a clean look, OEM is still the best.

·
Registered
257 Posts
+1 on the grip puppies. Don't use soap to put them on though like the instructions say. I use hairspray. It is 10 times easier to slide the grips on. If you ride a lot, you will need to replace them about once a year. Still cheaper than a new set of grips.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I have the Avon heated on mine. Since I have a Ness bike it didn't come with any. 4 levels of heat and the grips are many to choose from. I got mine through Witchdoctors. The controller is made for handle bar mount which our Visions won't take. WD shaves the mount for a flat surface mounting of your choice. Mine is on my center console.

Waaaaay better than stock heat (Wife's XCT has them so I know). Sorry no pic of the controller mounted. Mine is under my GPS on the center console which you can visualize in the last pic. It wasn't mounted yet.

Original

Heated

·
Registered
67 Posts
Spoke to Avon on Monday. They are working on heated grips that work with Victorys that don't require the modified HD controller. I did not ask about the timeframe. I just needed a regular set of grips. I would call Avongrips.com and ask for more details.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts