Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm leaning towards replacing the cams in my XC and I started looking at the cams available for it on the Lloydz website. It lists four different cam options and I was wondering what the difference was between the four and which one you guys would recommend getting. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
So, I'm leaning towards replacing the cams in my XC and I started looking at the cams available for it on the Lloydz website. It lists four different cam options and I was wondering what the difference was between the four and which one you guys would recommend getting. Thanks!!
I went with thr Lloydz cams, just write them a email ... If you do this, can i suggest the following

Lloyds cams

Open & remove speed limiter and RPM set on 6400 for all gears

Under Drive Pulley

Some fuel controllers & filters

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
263 Posts
It really depends on what you are looking for. Do you want more on the low end like off the line or do you want more on the top end?

Somewhere floating around is an overlay dyno graph of the drop-in, touring and super charger cams where you can see how each cam works differently.

I have the touring cams in my bike. I love them. But if I knew then what I know now I'd probably go with the SC cams. But that's a personal decision based on how I find myself riding now vs. back then (and the fact that the SC cams weren't available.)

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
12,983 Posts
Throw a leg over the bike and ride up to Kevinx and talk to him. He is one of the best performance tuners around. He'll give you good answers if you ask good questions

Southern Motorworx

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
114 Torque? Almost 100 at 2250 RPM? Looks like it already has cams. I'd recommend you ride the **** out of it :)
(I could be wrong, you know..)

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Under drive pulley & speed limit removal .... Its the only way forward

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Under drive pulley & speed limit removal .... Its the only way forward

Andre using TaPaTaLk
So, what is this under drive pulley I keep hearing about and where do I get the "best" one? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
That 97 hp could become 117 with cams. My cams helped a huge amount all over, that dyno chart is just wide open throttle there's much, much more to it than that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That 97 hp could become 117 with cams. My cams helped a huge amount all over, that dyno chart is just wide open throttle there's much, much more to it than that.
Yeah, I'm gonna do it, I'm just trying to figure out WHICH cams to get!

Sent my profile to Lloydz support asking them for advice.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
So, what is this under drive pulley I keep hearing about and where do I get the "best" one? Thanks!
Conquest Customs or WD have them, there is only 1 supplier, best mod ever

Also removed the speed limiter, so all rpm will be 6400 rpm

Please use a torque wrench, not a airgun with install ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts