Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my Victory Badges a while ago only because they where lifting off around the edges and coming away from the tank. I want to replace them with something that lets everyone know it is a Victory but not sure the new badge would look good with red from the logo on a burgundy bike. Want something for the tank and/or something for side covers. just haven't found what I want May have to design something myself. Any ideas? Show us what you have. Thanks Ride Safe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Have you looked at either block lettering or the black/silver winged badges?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have looked at both and they are a possibility but not what I really want. I'll know it when I see it. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Yes I have looked at both and they are a possibility but not what I really want. I'll know it when I see it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Is this it?........

Attachments

·
13,235 Posts
Why not find a pin stripper in your town. Then you could get something that would really pop.
I would only do the tank. Side covers would not be needed

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ricz. Looks good but not what I want. Vision You may be right. I think I need to find a good pin striper or graphics guy and come up with something UnIqUEE!?!! When I come up with it I will post a pic, Thanks guys. Still looking for ideas.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think it looks great without any emblems.
I have them off of my TC and love it when Harley guys say "sharp bike.What is it?"

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I think it looks great without any emblems.
I have them off of my TC and love it when Harley guys say "sharp bike.What is it?"
I agree. After ordering my script badges from Barracuda, I removed my ovals and was so pleased with the look that I was sorry I didn't do that before ordering. Ah well, now gawkers will know what the brand is and the script ain't chopped liver.thumb up

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree. After ordering my script badges from Barracuda, I removed my ovals and was so pleased with the look that I was sorry I didn't do that before ordering. Ah well, now gawkers will know what the brand is and the script ain't chopped liver.thumb up
I will 3rd this emotion.
Looking at your pic the bike looks more Custom than production. And the tank is a work of art not a billboard. Clean and Mean.

If it were mine I would get rid of the emblems in the cheese wedge and timing cover. Maybe color match to the tank.
JMHO.
Ken.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I will 3rd this emotion.
Looking at your pic the bike looks more Custom than production. And the tank is a work of art not a billboard. Clean and Mean.

If it were mine I would get rid of the emblems in the cheese wedge and timing cover. Maybe color match to the tank.
JMHO.
Ken.
I've been thinking of removing my badges. I'm replacing my engine covers when I decide what I want, and I've already replaced my wedges with custom art.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all the help, Great comments and ideas. I agree it does look good without the Emblems. I guess that is why I am in no rush to change it. If I add anything I guess I want it to look more custom but also I am proud to be riding a Victory. Maybe I will design something myself or maybe I will leave it the way it is until ??????????? Thanks again for everyone's comments. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I will 3rd this emotion.

JMHO.
Ken.
Some think that script is engraved into the tank. It is a bit of an optical illusion.
I leave the 106" badges (yes, there's one on the left too) on the wedges cuz I love the comments they get about that BIG engine.:D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I leave the 106" badges (yes, there's one on the left too) on the wedges cuz I love the comments they get about that BIG engine.:D
I'm with you on that. I want a 106 for the ignition side too. The folks looking at me from the left side always ask me how big my engine is and the folks looking at me from the right side tell me that I have a huge engine...as if I didn't know. :D The best engine compliment I got was from a guy who rolled up and said "wow, you got some huge jugs" Not sure how to take that but I thanked him anyway

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think they look cleaner without the badges.
I take 'em off just about everything I own :D
Would have done it to my V92 but being a 12 year old bike, I'm sure there'd be some fading.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sikvic07 I like your cheese wedge replacements. Where did you get them? Also is there a whole for the ignition on the other side or did you have to do something else? Thanksthumb up

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Mine are off as well.... I get a lot of people asking me what it is.
My response is, I laugh and say" you know, it's been so long since I took them off that I don't remember what it is"

Then I go into a long rant about how much I love my VICTORY.

I personally think they look custom right off the showroom floor

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought a couple of these http://www.jcwhitney.com/led-skull-hitch-receiver-plugs/p2004291.jcwx?filterid=b1402c2311u0j1. And bought one of these http://www.victoryonly.com/ACCESSORIES/key_relocation_bracket.html and moved my ignition. I cut a couple of pieces of aluminum drilled it to mount the skull to using the existing threads on the piece. Drilled and tapped the aluminum to make some mounting bolts to attach to the existing cheese bracket. Spaced them so the bolts would go through the 2 top outside mounting points. I put a washer and a nut on the back of the bolts. Wired them to the battery through a toggle and presto, Custom wedge replacements. ImageUploadedByMO Free1374634368.523904.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1374634632.801266.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts