Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reshaped the drivers seat last year and just decided to redo the passenger seat also. Forgot to take a pic of the driver seat before getting it reupholstered. I added about 1 1/2 inches of foam to the passenger seat and widened it by about an inch. Then decided to face everything in a ostrich vinyl.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Took the girl for a ride yesterday to test it out and she didn't complain once. She used to complain after half hour of riding, but didn't complain after almost 3 hours with the reshaped on.

·
Registered
784 Posts
What weight foam? I have been looking at 60 pound, but can't really get a lot of confirmation. Pretty sure mine won't look as classy as yours, but need to widen both seats a bit, while still leaving enough cover to get it back in place.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What weight foam? I have been looking at 60 pound, but can't really get a lot of confirmation. Pretty sure mine won't look as classy as yours, but need to widen both seats a bit, while still leaving enough cover to get it back in place.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

I used two different foams both 1". One i believe was called a high density foam rubber with a 55lb compression. The top layer was Polyurethane Rubber foam with a 41lb compression. I wish I would have widened it more because I didnt get as much width i thought i would and once the upholstery was done the foam is slightly compressed on the sides taking some of the added width away. Girlfriend still says she can tell its wider and says flattening out that rounded part of the stock passanger seat and adding the foam made a huge difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts