Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2005 Vegas 8-ball today. Looked like rain, so the guy lent me his "Frog Togs" rain pants to ride him with. Well, the pants flapped around, and touched the hot pipe, leaving some residue cooked on there. I was able to get the big pieces with my fingernail, but anyone got ideas how to get the rest off without destroying the look of the pipe?

·
13,177 Posts
Go to store and buy Easy Off Oven spray. read what to do.
Any thing ells will scratch your pipes

·
Registered
107 Posts
damn, that's exactly what I've got on my exhaust from exactly the same pants.
do you find that it takes 2 jackets and 2 pants to actually be waterproof? especially if it's really raining.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, that's exactly what I've got on my exhaust from exactly the same pants.
do you find that it takes 2 jackets and 2 pants to actually be waterproof? especially if it's really raining.
Well, fortunately enough I got back with the bike without more than a drizzle. Of course, if I hadn't borrowed the pants, I'm sure I would have ridden through a downpour at some point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you use the 0000, do you have to re-polish it afterwards? With the Easy-Off, what do you use to wipe/scrub? Microfiber, paper towel, something else?

·
13,177 Posts
If you use the 0000, do you have to re-polish it afterwords? With the Easy-Off, what do you use to wipe/scrub? Microfiber, paper towel, something else?
It will fall off when pipes get hot. Use chrome wax to clean the pipes.

They make tar remover. Guarantee you 0000 steel wool will scratch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy to report that EZ Off appliance cleaner and a paper towel took off all but a couple very tiny specks. I'm good with where I am; don't feel the urge to experiment further. Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All I have ever used is a penny. The penny will not harm the chrome as it is softer but will remove anything melted on the pipes. Steel wool will scratch chrome, 0000 just leaves fine scratches. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts