Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well having lost a lot of weight that last couple years I have been going through riding jackets as I slim down. I have finally hit my target weight and was ready to buy a good all year jacket or at least 3 season excluding true winter temperatures. The Ignition 2 is a leather and textile combination jacket. It is leather in all the protection points where you would want it. Arms, shoulders, back pieces and all the straps etc. High end zippers, Euro cut and styling. I rode today with it with some reservations about how well the mesh would actually flow. It is very tight knit mesh and I didn't expect it to do as well as some other jackets. Well I was wrong, I was very chilled honestly at mid 60s temp today wishing I had the thermal vest in. The jacket has two liners, the main liner is a breathable waterproof liner that supposedly still flows a lot of air so it can be worn in high temps without massive discomfort. The outer liner is the thermal vest that covers the area under the mesh to block the air and keep your core warm. I also have thermal top and pants that I can put on to augment this lining so I believe that I can ride down to freezing temperatures. I won't ride below the mid to upper 30s. I refuse to deal with the possibility of ice.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Rad jacket dude. I have the same problem at the moment though. Dropped 40 pounds since last years ride season....but more importantly my wife dropped 50! shes like 115 soaking wet now, but thats a story for another forum. Dear penthouse... haha

But yeah, shes done, I'm not...Could loose another 40. was 295 this time last year. Fat ****. Haha. I settled for an off season sale on a Joe Rocket (ballistic 10). On paper the specs make it seem like a good coat...but corners were cut on quality. Seams on the pull tabs on the waste unstitched themselves and the liners feel like they are just gonna tear. Serves its purpose until i unfat myself a bit more.

As for an all weather jacket I have my eye on the ICON Patrol. I ride to work rain or shine, and although not the coolest looking jacket, it seems pretty weather proof. I bought a lower end ICON jacket that was just "okay". Mesh is strong but armor shifts too much for my liking. But for 150 dollar not weather proof jacket i got what i paid for. Gave a Patrol a good once over at the shop recently and it is a solid jacket (but would still want a second "cool"looking jacket).

Swear I'm worse then my wife...shoulda seen me trying on new lids the other day; "here hunny hold my purse. I'm gonna be awhile".

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Yeah I have gone through several jackets as I lost weight. I started at 275 and am now 189.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Get it in ya fatty! haha Nice one man. Ya before i joined the military i was 265 of pure fat. I went down to 185, left for basic and threw a layer of muscle on. Then slowly over the past ten years it all came back...even at 295 i was better off then the previous 260 as i have bulked up...but my dad died at 325...295 is too close to that. I wanna LIVE!
**** this isnt the Jenny Craig forum...

Ya bikes, we're bikers grumblerabblekoff, ahem. <insert something tough sounding here>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts