Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to reverse bleed the brake system on a Victory with ABS? I have used this method on previous bikes (no ABS) with no problem at all. I tried on the XCT last night with zero success. Wiggled the handle, played with the bleeder valve, and even applied a little pressure to the fresh fluid side but could not get the fluid to go towards the reservoir. :confused:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has anyone tried to reverse bleed the brake system on a Victory with ABS? I have used this method on previous bikes (no ABS) with no problem at all. I tried on the XCT last night with zero success. Wiggled the handle, played with the bleeder valve, and even applied a little pressure to the fresh fluid side but could not get the fluid to go towards the reservoir. :confused:
I don't know what the ABS would have to do with bleeding, but I just bleed my new hydraulic clutch. Tried for a while to force bleed it, but instead decided to take a rest and low and behold, the next day all the air bubbles rose to the reservoir.

·
13,188 Posts
I have done a lot or reverse bleeding. As I remember you have to have the brake lever pushed back a tad to allow the fluid to get in.
What are you using to push the fluid?
I used to use a old fashion oil squirt can. New of coarse.
I doughy very much there is any kinda off one way valve in the line.
I wounder if the fluid is being stopped at the ABS module

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
mity vac

i always use the mity vac then "clamp" the brakes on overnight with the reservoir open for removing the last air. no problems even starting dry for my 13 hammer dual disc, i new caliper, new master + brake lines!

·
Registered
118 Posts
i always use the mity vac then "clamp" the brakes on overnight with the reservoir open for removing the last air. no problems even starting dry for my 13 hammer dual disc, i new caliper, new master + brake lines!
Another great use for zip ties!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts