Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready for a trip to the Pacific Northwest in late July and have a few questions.
I have an all stock 13 CCT and I'm wanting to know if reverse can be added and if so, what does it take (parts & labor) and a ball park on cost? I'm not real mechanical and have only changed the oil in the bike and a hitch (with assistance). I'm in the Omaha, NE area and I'm not sure which shops to check out if I go with reverse.

Its been suggested that I also have the bike DYNO tuned. I've seen people recommend shops in texas and florida but haven't seen anything locally. One place says they do the tune via remote, but I'm not sure how that's done. I did google motorcycle shops in the area, but then I haven't had much experience other than dealing with the dealership in Lincoln.

Your assistance is appreciated.
Tony

·
Premium Member
13,195 Posts
How close are you to Des Moines, IA? Rylan Vos at The Vic Shop could fix you up with the dyno tune I think.

https://www.thevicshop.com/contact/

As for the reverse set up, there is such an animal, but I don't think you can buy it from Victory any longer. Accessories were discontinued last year so finding one on ebay, one of the forum parts sale sections, or Facebook will be your best bet. Who knows; maybe Rylan knows someone wanting to sell theirs.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Reverse kit is a unicorn part now. Rare and so crazy expensive you'll want to hit the gym instead.

Yes, remote tune is possible if you have a PVCX or Maximus. In person tuning is best though.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
If you can find a complete reverse kit expect to pay at least $1800 for it. Plus at least 4 hours to a dealer for the installation. Most dealers have no idea how to install the reverse kit because so few of them ever did it. I sold my used reverse kit last year on the Facebook page in under 12 hours at my full asking price of $1750. In hindsight, I wouldn't mind having it but I also didn't see myself installing it for at least another 35K miles. Removing the exhaust to remove the front pulley cover is by far the most difficult part of the entire job. The rest is a simple installation and plug and play for your CCT. I think I have a pdf of the installation instructions if you find a kit and want to install it yourself. They are nice and they work as designed. They're also prone to needing regular use and lubrication to keep them functioning properly.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I found out that you don't need to remove the exhaust to remove the front pulley cover. You might have to loosen it, but you certainly don't have to take it completely off. I did it myself a few months ago.

·
13,003 Posts
If your bike is "stock" you really don't need a dyno tune cause there is nothing to tune if the shop can't get into the ECM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts