Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was wondering i have the 2007 hammer stage1 flash and bike has been rich since day one.I would like to go back to stock flash and put a fuel controller on.Dealer says stock flash is around 200$ plus an hour labour.Why would victory charge for the stock download?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Go to another dealer. Unless Vic has recently started charging for a stock flash, mine were always free.

Ride safe.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Hi was wondering i have the 2007 hammer stage1 flash and bike has been rich since day one.I would like to go back to stock flash and put a fuel controller on.Dealer says stock flash is around 200$ plus an hour labour.Why would victory charge for the stock download?
If you are adding a fuel controller, you do not need to go back to stock flash. Keep the stage1 flash, and add the fuel controller.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lloydz motorworks says 2002-2007 revert back to stock flash 2008 and higher dont need too.So i am just going by what is says on Lloydz website

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please note that it is ONLY necessary to revert back to a stock download when installing a VFC on 2002-2007 models. It IS NOT necessary on the 2008-later models. The downloads on the 2008-later models are lean enough that it does not drastically affect the tuning of the VFC

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Please note that it is ONLY necessary to revert back to a stock download when installing a VFC on 2002-2007 models. It IS NOT necessary on the 2008-later models. The downloads on the 2008-later models are lean enough that it does not drastically affect the tuning of the VFC
Oh, that's rigth, it's a 2007! :D

Stock map should be free though, as others have mentioned.

What kind of air filter do you have on it? Do you plan on upgrading the air cleaner?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have S&S and the plugs are black black!!!i thought i had air leak but more air would make the bike run lean anyways i check intake as i hear the rubber gets cracked they are fine.No exhaust leaks cant figure out why the plugs are so black.thats why i want to go back to stock put on fuel controller and see how that works.I know the stock flash is really lean to pass EPA so i should not have to remove any fuel just add hopefully atleast that what i am being told

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
just a question...would he have to revert to stock if he were to add a powercommander V. On my newer model there is a map that has a stage 1 ecu flash integrated into it.

·
13,263 Posts
Hi was wondering i have the 2007 hammer stage1 flash and bike has been rich since day one.I would like to go back to stock flash and put a fuel controller on.Dealer says stock flash is around 200$ plus an hour labor.Why would victory charge for the stock download?
Tell us what your getting for mpg
Stage 1 flash should give you more gas. Why did you get the flash. Do you have performance air filter or exhaust.
Give some more details about your bike

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
swept pipes thunder monster baffles S&S air cleaner victory stage flash1 never kept track of mileage but seems like i am always filling it up plugs are very black and just looked at them and they are wets smells like gas maybe injectors are working right all the bikes i ever had were carburated so was not hard to figure out but ever since i got it the plugs have been very black

1 - 12 of 12 Posts