Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking a trip to my Victory dealer, in Mineola, in the morning, to pick up my repaired motorcycle.

I called this afternoon to see if they had all the parts and when they would start work on the bike and I was told to come and pick it up. They just finished working on it this afternoon. I have the trailer all hooked up and ready to roll.

Needless to say, I am very excited.

Now I hope all is in order when I get there.

Once I get it home, I will have some installations to do and a lot of adjustments to make to make it fit me once again, but that will be fun. I also have a couple of (goodies), for Dr. Pepper, to welcome him home. :smile

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I am taking a trip to my Victory dealer, in Mineola, in the morning, to pick up my repaired motorcycle.

I called this afternoon to see if they had all the parts and when they would start work on the bike and I was told to come and pick it up. They just finished working on it this afternoon. I have the trailer all hooked up and ready to roll.

Needless to say, I am very excited.

Now I hope all is in order when I get there.

Once I get it home, I will have some installations to do and a lot of adjustments to make to make it fit me once again, but that will be fun. I also have a couple of (goodies), for Dr. Pepper, to welcome him home. :smile
Good luck Brother , I hope its better then new for you .cheers

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Cool, please share some pictures while your installing your "goodies"

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my bike home today early afternoon.

After unloading and putting the trailer away, I reinstalled the saddle bags and started doing some of the adjustments for proper fit. The bike is quite dirty but that's OK. It sure felt good to be back in the saddle even if just to load, unload and move it around the yard to work on.

By the time I finished for the day, 4:30, I was freezing my butt off. I checked the thermometer on the bike and it was only 33 degrees. No wonder I was cold and had a runny nose.

Tomorrow I will get the lower wind deflectors back on and perhaps install the two goodies. Then I have to decide weather to test ride or wash it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bike is ready to go. I installed the new lower wind deflectors that I made, and the goodies. (see pictures).

I got it all polished up, checked air in the tires and the oil. Tomorrow I will do a test ride to see if anything falls off or any strange vibrations at low or high speed and of course, the brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a 140 mile test ride today that included a trip to Long Island's Montauk Point. The bike performed beautifully and I returned home with all parts still attached.

I took a little time to putt around the neighborhood just to get re acquainted with riding again. This is the longest that I have not ridden a bike in over 8 years. It sure felt good to ride again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts