Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I started a week-long ride today with about 17 other bikes around Lake Superior. Folks from WI, IL, IN, MI, OH, NC, and ON all rode today or over the last few days to Sault St. Marie, Ontario. We had a great ride with 9 bikes in our group today with most them staying at our place last night. We had an easy ride today and a great lunch and dinner. Highlight was going over the mighty Mac. - The Mackinaw bridge and stopping to see it from the northern shore. Here are some pics of the bridge, my HD, her Vic XCT, and our friends and their bikes. I will try to post more pics during the week.

G'day,

Vinish

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Fantastic - can't wait to read and see more! I have sent you a PM - love to have notes from your trip for the potential book idea I have.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Looks amazing, going around Lake Superior is on my "to do rides" list.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hope to see more pictures.. The Mighty Mac is a memorable ride by itself. I was fortunate enough to ride it myself in June.

Sent from my bike doing 80mph

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day 2 of our trip is at an end. We rode from Sault St. Marie to Marathon. We stopped at four waterfalls and all were beautiful. We stopped at three scenic views of Lake Superior but all were foggy. The lake was "warm" - at least warm for Lake Superior - and the air temp was cooler than the lake so this generated fog at every bay or shoreline. Here are a few pictures.

G'day,

Vinish

Attachments

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And a few more pics. All the bikes ran great. We broke up into 1 to 5 bike groups for the day to avoid the stress of leading a large group of bikes. We all met for dinner in Marathon although we saw one another at numerous times thoughout the day.

For anyone travelling Hwy 17 through Ontario... believe it when the sign says, "last gas for 150 km". They are not lying.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
A couple of chums and myself did the ride around Lake Superior last September (2016). It was a fantastic ride. I called it epic. Something we'll remember for rest of our lives.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The scenery even NOT at specific scenic stops like waterfalls is beautiful. The distant views of the big lake are lovely even with the fog. The huger number of small lakes along Rt. 17 are all beautiful and it appears to be a national law that every small to medium size lake must have one or more islands in it. The hills, the rock outcroppings, the pine forests, etc. are all incredible to see. Even the road is in great condition. Speed limit is a bit low at 90 kph (~55 mph) but no one goes less than 110 kph (68 mph) which is plenty fast. There are not a lot of gas stations or lunch places along the route from Sault St Marie to Marathon but that can be dealt with through proper planning so no big deal.

G'day,

Vinish

·
12,984 Posts
been on the same trip many times. Had to laugh over in MI. Nice houses built in the sand dunes. The wind was so strong you didn't dare to have window open or you would fill up the house with sand.
To see some of the good water falls you have to take side trips a way from the lake. Its nice that when you go into CN. you can switch speed-o

1 - 10 of 10 Posts