Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there one for iphones? some type of gps route app would be nice, i was thinking there was one?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
504 Posts
try "HD Rides" - its a pretty nice setup where you can choose pre made rides in your chosen areas, save them to favorites or track your own ride to save it later.

It also has dining and lodging contacts along the way.... oh yea and HD dealers.... cause you always need a "rescue point" with an HD! :D

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha last weekend i saw a pickup pulling what looked like a single stall enclosed motorcycle trailer with a big harley logo on the front, the decal on the side said "Mobile repair unit"!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
539 Posts
Victory has a route tracking app as well. Victory Rides. It's free and it works pretty well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gps

Waze is a great gps program with good features and is Free!
I use "Victory Rides" from RiderX to record a ride. it has a good weather feature and shows what Victory dealers are in the Area also.
It also is a free App.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I use "Victory Rides" from RiderX to record a ride. it has a good weather feature and shows what Victory dealers are in the Area also.
It also is a free App.
+1 Waze is a nice App

·
Registered
504 Posts
It also is a free App.
Must be the same app... mine is RiderX too....

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I've had RiderX for a while. Seemed like a cool app.

However, on our 360-mile ride yesterday, the battery was dropping even though it was plugged in. Per the RiderX website, they state that excess GPS usage will cause battery drain.

I call BS, because my Garmin app (which does not require an internet connection) also tracked my ride allowing the battery to slowly charge up.

It's a shame, I would have liked to have recorded out route yesterday, but I couldn't or my battery would have died. And, it seems that their tech support email address isn't monitored because I sent them a query a week ago and have yet to get a response.

The only problem with the Garmin app is I can't share the recorded route. I'm gonna send them a email with an enhancement request on that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
210 Posts
I downloaded the Victory App for my android. It does draw some battery power, but it only recorded 1 of the 2 rides I have tried with it. The one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to go back and ride one of the recorded routes. Has anyone figured this one out that can explain it to me?

I did a local ride with a group that turned out to be a very sweet and scenic route, recorded it, but now have no clue on how to use the app to allow me to re-ride it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts