Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Canada and down here for the winter in Casa grande. Anyone wanting to ride through the Sierra Vista ,tombstone area anytime soon?
Please let me know.
bcflyguy aka Neil

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Im riding with a group from the other frorum this weekend.

Day one, remote Indian reservation, Kitt Peak Observatory, nice curves through Arivaca, ice cream in Patagonia, local bar and overnight in Sierra Vista:

Day two. Bisbee mining town, Tombstone for a gun fight, the Biosphere in Oracle, mining towns of Kearny and Superior, home:

There are NO fine hotels in Sierra Vista up to the standards of this fine group.....

Let's go to the Days Inn, Sierra Vista, 520-458-8500 or 800-225-3297 or:

http://www.daysinn.com/

Rooms from just under $60.

It is on Fry Blvd. 3\4 of a mile from Famous Sams Bar & Grill or 2 miles to the Sorry Gulch.

Departure details:

Saturday Nov. 9th!

Phoenix area rendezvous:

Chevron, Wild Horse Pass & I-10, SW corner.

KSU, 8AM, tanks & tummy's full.

Casa Grande rendezvous:

Chevron, 320 W. Florence Blvd. KSU, 9AM.

From Casa Grande it is 300 miles to Sierra Vista, via, Sells, Kitt Peak Observatory, Arivaca, Patagonia.

-----
As you can see we pick up one bike in Casa Grande. You are welcome to join us.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im riding with a group from the other frorum this weekend.

Day one, remote Indian reservation, Kitt Peak Observatory, nice curves through Arivaca, ice cream in Patagonia, local bar and overnight in Sierra Vista:

Day two. Bisbee mining town, Tombstone for a gun fight, the Biosphere in Oracle, mining towns of Kearny and Superior, home:

There are NO fine hotels in Sierra Vista up to the standards of this fine group.....

Let's go to the Days Inn, Sierra Vista, 520-458-8500 or 800-225-3297 or:

http://www.daysinn.com/

Rooms from just under $60.

It is on Fry Blvd. 3\4 of a mile from Famous Sams Bar & Grill or 2 miles to the Sorry Gulch.

Departure details:

Saturday Nov. 9th!

Phoenix area rendezvous:

Chevron, Wild Horse Pass & I-10, SW corner.

KSU, 8AM, tanks & tummy's full.

Casa Grande rendezvous:

Chevron, 320 W. Florence Blvd. KSU, 9AM.

From Casa Grande it is 300 miles to Sierra Vista, via, Sells, Kitt Peak Observatory, Arivaca, Patagonia.

-----
As you can see we pick up one bike in Casa Grande. You are welcome to join us.
Thank you for the invite Tarzan. My goodness that is a bit of a short notice. I am committed for tomorrow but might try and catch up with you people on Sunday on your way back. When will you be coming through Tucson and where will you be stopping. Might be a place where I can introduce myself.
Thanks
bcflyguy aka Neil

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It is short notice.Sorry about that. Im not sure what time we will go through Tuscon on Sunday, probably around noon.Im not sure if we will stop there. We will probably go right to the Biosphere

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
One thing might want to consider if doing the Tombstone area is Kartchner Caverns . I found it interesting anyway while in the area ..

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
One thing might want to consider if doing the Tombstone area is Kartchner Caverns . I found it interesting anyway while in the area ..
The Caverns are awesome. The wife and I did that a year or so ago. Would like to go back for the Big Room Tour. I cant remember th name of the other one there. Did you go through both?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Have fun. I joined a few VMCs and no rides have been scheduled. Hopefully now that the weather has gotten nice

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Tour the mine in Bisbee. Bisbee is my favorite AZ town.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Heheheh, I lived in Sierra Vista 3 years when I was a kid. Man did I love Az. Got my first 3 wheeler there, (Honda 185 S)when they were still legal. We used to ride in a place called the river that if I remember correctly is on the way to tombstone from sierravista. Man this is bring back the memories. thumb up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts