Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..but diggin' a Cross Country. Name is Mark, I ride a 2008 FLHTC with 30k trouble free miles. My bike is great but I gotta admit sometimes I get the itch for something new and the XC is a sweet lookin' ride. Thought I'd join here and learn about Victory.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Well get to a dealership and ride one! Let the bike tell you how to think after that!

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I've had my XC since June 2011 and have 7400 miles in the books so far. I have a permanent :D on my face every time I'm riding. It's my first touring bike, test rode many different makes and models before I pulled the trigger on this one. It was the right choice!

As Pat0021 said, this baby corners and handles like a dream. I don't miss my sportbike as much as I thought I would. I really enjoy scooting around w/o the trunk. It's very comfortable two-up as well and we have a great time riding with others on the weekend.

Good luck! cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Awesome so this is a partially informed decision! You already know that the exhaust is quiet (as are most stock HD's) and you should already have an idea about how much more wind management you need. The good part is that most of the answers are already in the Tech and Performance and the Cross Country / Cross Roads sections.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Mark and glad your doing your homework on Victory, I don't think you will be disappointed in any area of the bike!

Here is a link to a 5 part video series (1-4 are the meat of it) that breaks down the powerplants of both HD and Vic. Remember it is obviously going to be bias to Vic but once you get through that you can at least get a good idea of some of VICs internals and see for yourself about this engine. Alot of comparison I hear to the VRods engine. Hope this is helpful to you.

If you got specific questions, feel free to post'em. Lots of good folks out here in the forums that have been with the bikes for a long time.

Vicotry Engine, segment 1
http://youtu.be/RGkFPUeNUqc

Tim

·
12,970 Posts
..but diggin' a Cross Country. Name is Mark, I ride a 2008 FLHTC with 30k trouble free miles. My bike is great but I gotta admit sometimes I get the itch for something new and the XC is a sweet lookin' ride. Thought I'd join here and learn about Victory.
5 quick videos and I had harleys all my life and in love with the vision vic is a great ride and on its way up

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I like the information of the video but never a fan of ripping on the competition. I have owned both and just like the Victory better. Harley's demand would be way down if it sucked. Example look how poorly sales went when sold to AMF years ago.

My advice is to point out the benefits of a Victory. I think most who ride them decide this is the bike for them. Looks, handling, and reliability seem to give Victory a big plus. Their tee shirts dept. could learn a lot from Harley.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I like the information of the video but never a fan of ripping on the competition. I have owned both and just like the Victory better. Harley's demand would be way down if it sucked. Example look how poorly sales went when sold to AMF years ago.

My advice is to point out the benefits of a Victory. I think most who ride them decide this is the bike for them. Looks, handling, and reliability seem to give Victory a big plus. Their tee shirts dept. could learn a lot from Harley.
You're right, but Harley is ripping on competition too by always bragging about their history! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts