Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to where everyone buys riding gear. Suggested online stores as well as those to avoid.

I don't want to be a rolling Victory billboard unless they decide to pay me for it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I like bang for the buck and don't give a hoot about brand names, so I first go to my Cycle Gear store. I like to buy from people I can look at and talk with at the same time and I also want to be able to try an item on before I plunk down my gelders. So I am not big on going on line or mail order, especially for clothing. I have ridden with others who bought the brand name gear only to find my CG items were the same stitch for stitch and cost half what the friends paid.
I consider myself fortunate to have a Cycle Gear store not too far from my house.
BTW, it would be nice if you would complete your profile and signature. If we knew what you ride and where you live, that will help us to help you.

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do in fact have a cycle gear close by. Some of the gear is great but I have not been impressed with the quality of the leather.

I live on Memphis TN and ride a 2012 vegas eight ball.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like bang for the buck and don't give a hoot about brand names, so I first go to my Cycle Gear store. I like to buy from people I can look at and talk with at the same time and I also want to be able to try an item on before I plunk down my gelders. So I am not big on going on line or mail order, especially for clothing. I have ridden with others who bought the brand name gear only to find my CG items were the same stitch for stitch and cost half what the friends paid.
I consider myself fortunate to have a Cycle Gear store not too far from my house.
BTW, it would be nice if you would complete your profile and signature. If we knew what you ride and where you live, that will help us to help you.
This. CycleGear is great for your basic riding gear. Priced right too.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Leatherup.com for lower priced but decent riding jackets, vests, gloves, etc. Jafrum is another one like it.

Fox Creek for the good stuff but there are better quality leathers if you want to spend a small fortune. Fox Creek has an excellent rep though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One of my favorite places (addictions) is www.whitehorsegear.com . They have a large online selection as well as one store in the white mountains. Its a beautiful 2 hr ride from home but that probably wont help you much.
We also have a new cycle gear store a few towns away but I wasn't very impressed with them Their online store has a much better selection. Bottom line, you get what you pay for, be prepared to spend if you want high quality stuff

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am by no means wealthy but I do not skimp on price. I'm always looking for a good deal but price is never a deciding factor. I appreciate the info guys even if all you have done is show off your sexual proclivities.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sponkey , these thread topics can change on a dime !:ltr:

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you have an interest in motoport, then check this one also,
http://www.aerostich.com/

Check out the "Sale" section as well. Good product and they are great to deal with.

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
We've dealt with leatherup on line. They're very affordable, but a bit off in their sizes, luckily they have an excellent return policy. For brick and mortar, we prefer a local shop - Desperado's in Hesperia, CA. They do their own custom T-shirts and have some nice leather gear. They're our first choice, but they have a limited selection. Otherwise we go to Cycle Gear. Although I have to admit I got my boots at wal-mart.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Since you are in Memphis have you looked at the leather Recycle Biker Shop has?

It's not made in USA but they have a really good selection with different price levels, also their consignment side is decent as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts