Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, please let me state that my search feature hasn't worked since getting my Samsung tablet so I can't look up anything. With that said, I put a set of Hush mufflers on from Hotvic and a new timing gear with a new chip for the fuel as well as an air filter. Now the question:: it seems that the heat at the back of the engine is incredible. Now it could be that it's because it's 90 plus degrees, but still the rubber inserts on my passenger pugs are coming unglued. Is there a way to cool down this engine? I know I could takeoff the cat converter, but I don't want to loose the torque.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The "chip" you speak of I and guessing is the factory ECM flash for stage 1. You probably need a tuner with the mods mentioned. Try unplugging the O2 sensors to see if that helps any.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Get a fuel contoller. You are almost certainly running way too lean...

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Yep. At the very least get a Dobeck style tuner and if you plan on cams at a later date; get a PC-V. I like the Auto Tune module you can get as well so it tunes as you go. You can get both for around $600.

These are air cooled engines so they will be hot on hot days. I imagine the humidity plays into it too. Tuned correctly it can be reduced down to a tolerable level.

Are you feeling it on your inner and back of your thighs or is the seat getting hot to your butt? If the seat is getting hot you can put some heat insulation under the seat. Auto parts stores sells the stuff with adhesive on one side so you can stick it to the underside of your seat.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Bbob would your heat shield work in this case?

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
It would help but wouldn't cure it. It really needs to be tuned better.

The stage 1 and stock tune must be right up next to being too lean to pass EPA standards. Victory's hands are tied so it's up to us to slap the EPA out of bikes. Just about every manufacturer has the same issue. It's just more noticeable on the air cooled bikes.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I've been thinking about it for mine even though it's tuned it still ges hot, told the wife it was the home vascotmy kit.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
If you want to get one you'll need to put your order in by tomorrow at the latest because I'm getting ready for Sturgis. Any orders coming in after tomorrow will have to wait till I get back sometime during the second week of August. I make 'em to order.

·
Registered
169 Posts
why would anyone be concerned about a heat shield at this point? the point is the bike is running lean, causing the heat and can suffer major damage...

once mine was tuned properly, the heat coming off it became a non-issue...and i ride in az where it's 106 this afternoon and the bike feels just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts