Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for a number of years with the same riding buddy... if we didn't ride to an event together we always met up somewhere. Last month he caught a virus and passed away...

It's going to be difficult, but I am now open to searching for the same type of riding partner. We liked each other's riding style and we enjoyed sharing our take on the days ride... but we didn't always ride together when we were on a trip. Sometimes it was fun to just agree on a meeting place that evening, and each of us would ride our ride. Sometimes I wanted to meander and he didn't and vice versa. I have never been a fan of group riding to a food trough or HD dealer to buy a T-shirt.

I live in Apopka, FL near Orlando and am retired and love to ride both long and short trips. Sometimes I'm just out for an afternoon... sometimes for a month. I am looking for another rider who is free to ride often and work in a couple of long trips a year. Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sorry about your friend. Tough to lose a friend and riding partner.

Geography is a little bit in the way, but if you ever feel the need to go on ride about in Easte Texas, shoot me an IM.

Hope things work out.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Hey Howard. condolences. I'm near Rome GA if you ever get up this way to ride. Plenty of good roads not too far. Gf and I are always looking to ride on the weekends.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am sorry for the loss as well. I am in NC and ride all over the place (no state boundaries) Would love to meet and ride someplace.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I'm a little ways north of you but would be up for a meet somewhere in between like Ocala and then ride a ways somewhere ... Sorry for the Loss of your Riding Buddy have lost a few myself ..

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank all of you for your responses... I am mustering up the enthusiasm to ride again. Have an inkling of heading far NW this Spring or early Summer if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Thank all of you for your responses... I am mustering up the enthusiasm to ride again. Have an inkling of heading far NW this Spring or early Summer if anyone is interested.
This may be doable if post the time .. I usually head for the Ozarks in late spring, early summer ... Meanwhile if up for more Local ride Just Holler ..

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This may be doable if post the time .. I usually head for the Ozarks in late spring, early summer ... Meanwhile if up for more Local ride Just Holler ..
Ozarks are always fun... right now my plans include a trip to Thunder On The Beach... have never been to Gainesville Polaris either.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Ozarks are always fun... right now my plans include a trip to Thunder On The Beach... have never been to Gainesville Polaris either.

Just Holler if want company for either one .. While won't be doing Thunder on the Beach be glad to ride Hwy 98 with you for most of the way anyhow .. Gainesville Polaris anytime, about 30 mins away from me ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts