Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any metal fasteners mounting the fuel pump to the inside of a Vegas tank? Over the last hundred miles or so a rattle has developed. After many hours hunting it down, it seems to be originating from within the tank. Am I riding a bomb that's about to go off? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Riding the bomb part 2

Thanks for the response diamondrmp. In answer to your question, it's an 03 Vegas. I bought it used with 1400 miles on it. I took it to two different dealers asking about tank recalls. The first dealership (Gilroy Indian & Victory) stated the recall work had not been performed on my bike. I then had the bike at a different dealer (Arlen Ness) who's computer system stated half the work had been performed, and Arlen Ness was sure the other half had been done at the same time. Unfortunately neither dealership would tell me what the recal was for. So ultimately I don't know if this is the recal issue I had heard about, if something is loose because of recall work being done, or if this is just coincidence. In any case, it's scary and very annoying. Once my fuel level drops, I will tear into it to see exactly what's going on. Thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bomb's VIN#

Wow, thanks Kevinx! The VIN on my Vegas is 5VPGB16L033001637. Had no idea anyone was capable of checking the VIN short of a dealer. Thanks Kevinx, this is fantastic! Please let me know what you see.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
FYI Kevin is a mechanic at a Vic dealer. On top of that he is considered one of if not THE Victory mechanic. I yanked him from another Vic site to lend his expertise here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts