Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats where Im heading later in the week to volunteer flag marshal.
Main race is the 6 hour endurance on Sunday , its a production car race for cars the average Aussie can buy.
Theres support categories over the whole 3 days of racing.
And Ill be there in the thick of the action officiating on Mountain Straight Gate.
Of particular interest to some of you would be this car so Ill use it as a link to the event.
Bathurst 6 Hour Team Reveals Tribute to Wounded Heroes | Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah pix will be forthcoming...seriously thinking of hitting the trail south a day early cos well , cos I love riding!:grin
Just did a short trial run with my swag and mattress rolled up and strapped down tight like a loony in a mental asylum:devil
Ive always travelled light but this trip Im lashing out a bit, swag was only $106 on ebay, and came with a 2" foam mattress, light sleeping bag $32, $16 for a coupla tie down straps.
Left saddlebags got basic tools, a quart of good oil (just in case)and a filling tube and rag, and wet weather gear, still enough room for a small bottle of frozen water as well.
Right bag possibly more water, toiletries bag,..not sure what else at this stage.
As an official I'll be supplied a couple of shirts promoting the big race on Sunday, plus a cap, maybe a jacket, pit pass for my bike as well as camping pass, and access all areas pass.
We get brekky, lunch pack, and a BBQ dinner at the end of the day with drinks supplied.
So minimal extra clothes and zero food and cooking eating stuff to not have to take.
Sunblock, Comfrey ointment for my destined to be aching feet, Vitamin B, toothbrush and paste and floss, soap, razor.
Making this list as much for me as for you ya know:wink
Ill buy a tin cup and a billy tomoz and take matches so can make a small fire to make a coffee if I need to...better to have it and not need it than need it and not have.
Who knows where Ill wind up tomorrow night....
Changed the oil, dropped out the Victory slop the dealers put in, and they tightenened the drain bung up to buggery too...I rang em and they said they torque wrench em...ridiculous I reckon, anyway a few blows with a hammer and some leverage via a ring spanner on my allen key finally cracked it just as I thought the internal hex was gonna strip!....bloody torquewrenches!:soapbox:
Left the genuine filter in place as its only done 2250 kms
Dropped in 3/4 litre of Moreys Oil Stabiliser cos this babys using a bit of oil, and topped it off with Penrite 15-50 Semi-syn Diesel oil (JASO MA)...and I'm carrying a spare litre of the same mix for a top up along the road.
Gonna take some freeplay outta the clutch tomoz when shes overnight cold and throw some fresh spark plugs in as theyve done 24,000 kms (15,000 miles)
My rear Night Dragon will make Bathurst but may need replacing on the return trip, seriously thinking of trying a Shinko 777 as Ive heard a lotta good stuff about em and theyre cheap.
I'm paying $320 Aus fitted for the rear Pirelli N.D. they last 10,000kms(6000 miles) tops.
Gonna do a search now for bike tyres in Bathurst

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I'm jealous. Sounds like such a good time. Living life like you should. Not stuck in a basement like I am at work. :crying
How far of a ride is it?
920 kms each way..google maps says 11 hours each way. (1200 miles round trip)
But I'll deviate, check out new roads towns people.
and if you read your other thread youll see it could be part of a bigger trip
Once I get a new rear tyre theres no stopping me....well money..but Im doing low budget
Racetrack to racetrack...vroom!

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arrived at the Mountain!

Ended up getting a Night Dragon fitted at Tamworth on the way down.
Still had legal tread on the old one but better safe than sorry.
Lunch today at The Vic Hotel ...where else?:devil
Meatloaf n mash ...followed by Mars bar cheesecake and ice cream
Gotta go b4 it melts!
Pux are in reverse order...no pic of my lunch..its eaten:grin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Nice .... How awesome sleeping in tent and ride

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sure wish I was riding on the side of you. Looks like such a great time. And I love the VIC hotel. I found you some new sleeping araingmemts for next time. Lol be safe brother.
Naaa no trailers for this bloke.
Once a jolly swagman
Camped by a racetrack
Under the shade of a gumtree.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey @broggyr can you please spin that pic around mate?

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moonrise at Mt Panorama

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just messing with you man. Camping out under the trees and sky is half the fun. Great pics.
Thanks mate, everyone thats seen it here reckons the same, plus the others Ive sent it to.
About to crawl into my swag and sleep to be ready for a biggish day.
My two other mates got fairly drunk this arvo cos they can and its a day off.
Having a great time here.
We even went for a cruise up the mountain and got a few pix.
Joes ute looks like a bit of a shitter but its got a nice crate HSV Chev LS2 six speed under it:devil
And an Aussie Charger thats gonna be racing in historic muscle.:devil

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Here you go. Great shot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I saved this picture on my phone, really nice ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I did too, because that’s how I flipped it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts